XJT and Skywest in talks again?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Erlanger

I'm hearing that now that the VP and CFO is being forced out, the fact that the renegotiated CPA with CAL isn't as good as first thought and the stock is still tanking, XJT has put out feelers to Skywest on starting up talks again. Anybody else hearing this?

Yeah what the heck is going on with their stock? We're only talking a $.59 spread with mesa for cryin' out loud.

No. SkyWest has said the opposite. "There done looking at XJT". They only do 15-20 year deals. The 7 year deal that XJT got with CO is not as good as SkyWest would like. "Management has said we are now focusing on other growth strategies".

No. SkyWest has said the opposite. "There done looking at XJT". They only do 15-20 year deals. The 7 year deal that XJT got with CO is not as good as SkyWest would like. "Management has said we are now focusing on other growth strategies".

I don't think it is good for XJT that SkyWest chose to leave them alone.

We're looking overseas now. That boat has sailed.

US domestic travel is getting ready to sloooooow down in case you haven't noticed. The new US president has not inspired any business leaders, except maybe the oil companies.

The upcoming recession is going to be deep and last a few years.

Not trying to be negative, but I've been through this before. My advise is to buy as many foreclosed homes as you can in about 6 months and rent them out. You'll be rich in about 10 years.

FWIW

SKW has discovered that XJT will be a significant player in the future of the regional airlines (if you want to refer to them with that moniker)

They wanted to absorb our turf in response to treading on theirs. Unfortunately, a non-union management team made the wrong proposal. You know, had your bargain-basement management team given up their Utah-ethics and honored our union, you might have gotten your wish.

Unfortunately, your [management] slapped us in the face with an insulting offer and urinated in our cheerios.

Whoops! - it didn't work.

SKW has discovered that XJT will be a significant player in the future of the regional airlines (if you want to refer to them with that moniker)

They wanted to absorb our turf in response to treading on theirs. Unfortunately, a non-union management team made the wrong proposal. You know, had your bargain-basement management team given up their Utah-ethics and honored our union, you might have gotten your wish.

Unfortunately, your [management] slapped us in the face with an insulting offer and urinated in our cheerios.

Whoops! - it didn't work.

Perhaps urinating in your cheerios is better than the market defecating in your cornflakes...

I tell you what, let's re-open this thread in a year and see who is saying "whoops."

Perhaps urinating in your cheerios is better than the market defecating in your cornflakes...

I tell you what, let's re-open this thread in a year and see who is saying "whoops."

tell you what - no one has a crystal ball. Go ahead, open this up in 1 yr. Start your timer. I'm not going to watch my colleagues give jobs up for some non-union group who is licking their fingers and jacking off for quick upgrades. The contingency from SKW has spoken... and I'm not referring to those on this forum. Their blatant bashing of us, even in our jumpseats prove them otherwise - that they are selfish enough.

Maybe it will get bad. - that is, worse than already. You're probably right. However, we didn't cave on scope.

Go enjoy some kool-aid.

Latest resources

Back