• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT and Midwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The real question is when did your friend at XJT upgrade and finish IOE? I know of CAs that make $60k in 8 months (probably at both companies).

yes, you can make the same out of each IF:

The captain at XJT works 10 days a month,
and the FO (at skywest) works 20 days a month...
...misleading though.... if the captain was as motivated as you were he would be banking 120-130k at that rate.

Bottom line...competitive with pay rates?
For 50 seat jets....yes
For 90 seat jets....oh hail no...

Palomino said:
What is the market value of PIC Turbine 121 time? Can't have enough of that in this hiring environment.

quoting myself is fun. still haven't heard an answer to this one.

work 22 days a month for $60k at a regional? no thanks. give me that PIC and let me make my life and career more productive as i move on to the next level.

Palomino said:
quoting myself is fun. still haven't heard an answer to this one.

work 22 days a month for $60k at a regional? no thanks. give me that PIC and let me make my life and career more productive as i move on to the next level.

I have NEVER worked 22 days and I make as a$$load more than 60K.

The question should be how many hours does he have left till he times out and if skywest pays min gurantee after you time out. 100 hours a month X 9= 900 hours he only has one hundred hours left...thats 3500 bucks so 37000 +3500 is 40500...I still dont get it. Unless skywest has some special exemption to allow over 1000 hours a year :)

I won't time out. Like I said, it's credit that matters, not block.

Palomino,

we all have different lifestyles, goals, families, responsibilites. I don't care about the 121 PIC, it'll come when it comes. I could already hold CA on the EMB. That's not what I'm in it for. Moving on to the next level for me isn't attractive unless there is rapid enough growth to get me off reserve and have decent time at home with the wife and kids.

I'm happy where I am and the prospects for the future. I hope you all are as well.

SkyNation - I know we're getting off the subject (standard), but do you know what life is like on reserve in ORD?

SkyNation said:
Moving on to the next level for me isn't attractive unless there is rapid enough growth to get me off reserve and have decent time at home with the wife and kids.

SWA, FedEx, CAL all meet those needs currently. the problem is you will miss the hiring wave that only comes around once a decade. it's wasted time and seniority to sit in the right seat of a regional and bypass Captain PIC time and experience.

that's just how i see it.

MarineGrunt said:
SkyNation - I know we're getting off the subject (standard), but do you know what life is like on reserve in ORD?

I did it as a newhire, and it's like reserve anywhere. unless you live there, it sucks. and even if you live there, there are few advantages to being on reserve. I did it a bunch, and the only good thing was that I broke guarantee most months and ended up crediting well over 100 hours. we have a 'look back' which means that if you end up crediting more than the 75 hr. guarantee, they 'look back' and credit you 3:45 for each day you sat but were not called. though they are usually few days, they do end up being days off that you get credit for being at home.

SkyNation said:
I don't mean to be part of the 'my W2 is bigger than yours' crap. My point in posting it is to prove that we make competitive $ here at SkyWest.

Bullsh*t...........who the he.ll offers to e-mail a copy of their W-2????? I've seen a few people obcessed with "making the most", but you take the cake.

What?? Your real friends sick of you calling them every two weeks to compare W-2's?

If you're intent was really to show that Skywest pilots make a competitive wage compared to the rest of the industry ( which most of us already know), I would think you'd want to use the average guys paychecks, not yours.

I think the only problem most guys have with Skywest is your 50 seat pay for 50-99 seater agreement.

Just think how rich you'd be if you didn't have that!!

See you at the country club this weekend...or did you pick up another trip?

Latest resources

Back