XJT and Midwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Truckdriver said:
Why would you leave XJT for SKYW?? Paycut, benefit cut, retirement cut, vacation cut, QOL cut, etc. etc. etc. I guess if you really want to fly a 90 seat jet then you could go over, but other than that, bad move.

I am a soon to be 3rd year FO at SkyWest. My friend and former instructor is a CA at XJT finishing his first year in the left seat. We will make almost identical $ this year (around 60K). His benefits are very similar to mine, some better, some worse. He says no glowing things about his QOL, CLE, EWR, IAH, et. etc. etc. So, I guess it depends on who you ask, right?

Whydoitry said:
Well XJT upgrade is 2 yrs and going down...for now.

I work at Express and I know where the numbers are... But it LOOKS like if you were hired in at any point in 2005 it might be alot longer than 2 years.

SkyNation said:
I am a soon to be 3rd year FO at SkyWest. My friend and former instructor is a CA at XJT finishing his first year in the left seat. We will make almost identical $ this year (around 60K). His benefits are very similar to mine, some better, some worse. He says no glowing things about his QOL, CLE, EWR, IAH, et. etc. etc. So, I guess it depends on who you ask, right?
I have a hard time believing that you can turn 37 or so dollars an hour into 60 grand. In the words of the great denim dan... I'll believe that when my sh!t turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbert.

jobear said:
What that sherbertesque smell....
I am curious... seriously, how can that be. Say he worked the legal max in the RJ, 1000 hours, say even 100 hours of opentime (paid time and a half at AWAC, no idea about skywest):

1000*37=37,000
150*37= 5,500
Per Diem ~ 6500 (thats generous)
Misc~2000 (no idea if he has profit sharing or anything, god knows we don't)

Thats 51,000.... and I don't know anyone that flys the legal max and that much opentime... Maybe... but still seems fishy. Needless to say if he is making that much he must be working with minimal days off.

Last edited:
this horse has been beaten to death. the important number to consider is credit, not block. I'll credit around 1350 hours this year, I've heard of some guys being up around 1500 of credit. I also include performance rewards in the total. I only reply because people who claim that us poor SkyWest pilots are 'underpaid' are only looking at our hourly rate, and that is only part of the story. all the other adds up to the bottom line, and in the end we do as well or better than any other regional.

SkyNation said:

What is the market value of PIC Turbine 121 time? Can't have enough of that in this hiring environment.

DASHDRIVER said:
Has XJET given any indication as to what the plan is for the extra a/c they are going to have?

Can you say Expressjet Europe and Aviacsa......ohh goodbye left seat, it was fun while it lasted.

SkyNation said:

hhhhmmmmm......... Well, I'm at XJT and I have already made more than 60k so far this year. Your friend must be unloading alot of trips if he is only going to pull in 60K this year. As for you knocking down 60 in the right seat, well......

Latest resources

Back