XJet Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Buckeyelove

I read the previous thread about RAH and XJet and got a lot of good info. I'm currently in the pool at RAH and was just given a class date at XJet. The previous thread helped me make up my mind. I just had a couple of questions if anyone FROM XJet could answer. What is the junior base? At that base, how long till I can hold a line (off reserve completely)? If I don't go to the junior base, how long till I hold a line? Are there crashpads available with short notice? Any rough estimates on upgrade? I've heard from 2 to 6 years. Thanks for any info from XJet employees.

The following comes from my friend, a current XJet captain out if IAH: Junior base right now is EWR, reserve'll be about 4-6 months there. If you elect to bid IAH, reserve is about 10 months. Didn't know about CLE, probably similar to EWR, but it is a lot smaller base. Upgrade time now is actually about 4 years and yeah crashpads are usually pretty easy to land. Most guys go in shares on crashpads and mainline CAL guys always have postings for them in the crew rooms.

Good luck with your decision.

I would say go to XJT but I'm biased. CLE is actually the most junior to hold a line right now for FOs. About 4 months. That may change as they are planning another line reduction for CLE in the next year. Converesly CLE is the most senior for Captains. The most Junior guy to hold CA in ewr is a 2004 hire so things have been moving rather quickly, but as with all things, that will change. As far as crashpads go, there is no shortage. A EWR crashpad will run you about 200 or more, CLE 175 approx, IAH 170 or so depending on where you live. I don't crashpad so more accurate info should be had before you make a well educated decision.

If you got a date at XJT, why not just go? Unless your holding out for a particular HUB.

Reserve for me was 7 months after training to hold a Relief line in IAH. would have held a line in cle, ewr much sooner. hope it helps

Superpilot92 said:
Reserve for me was 7 months after training to hold a Relief line in IAH. would have held a line in cle, ewr much sooner. hope it helps
You must mean you will hold a relief line in December, right?

Superpilot92 said:
yup, good guess carry on
Lineholder...isn't it a fine feeling?? My crystal ball tells me I will be an open time whore in December. Oh yeah, I'm feeling slutty!! I suppose 8 months on reserve will do that to a fellow.

yes it is but what are the chances off getting xmas off thats my ????

we shall see, open time = show me the money!!!!!!

I'm hoping that with the guys leaving here (CLE) for IAH that I might be able to get a relief line for Dec. Should that happen then it would be appropriate to say that "all your open time belong to me" Ahhhh a line, so close, yet so very far away............

Latest resources

Back