• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJET (ASA) New Hire class in April

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So why offer COMAs and downgrade Captains? Awesome move Mgmt!

Has there been a net reduction in Captains? I remember a -10 ATL, +10 IAD. A few downgrades resulted from more senior pilots bidding into the vacancies, but they haven't really dropped the hammer as anticipated. With this position notice I'm starting to get hopeful that significant downgrades may not happen.

COMAs are going on through May, but the effective date for the position notice is in July. I expect COMA will disapear as we head into the summer months.

This is excellent news! I was really expecting to see furlough notices any day now, due to the final 700s leaving in May. Since December we should have lost 140 pilots (14 airplanes x 10 pilots per plane), so I guess whatever attrition numbers we've seen, added to the number of pilots we were short to begin with, plus the number of extra pilots needed for the usual increase in summer block hours, adds up to more than 140.

So it's great to think we're finally correctly staffed around here! I think I'll have another :beer:

Hey ## stop using facts, logic and reason. There is no place that in this forum.

I think this is going to be pissing into the wind based on our previous summer schedules where we are "surprised" with additional flying that we lucked out on and couldn't turn down. It's a great start and a good sign, I hope the trend continues. I'm just apprehensive due to Operation Melt Down (critical mass) the previous summers.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back