XJ to Skywest?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
propsarebest said:
Better jump quick, cause the airplanes stop coming in Feb.
No confirmed orders after that.

SkyWest orders $798 million of Bombardier jets
Tue Oct 11, 2005 09:56 AM ET
(Amounts in U.S. dollars)

MONTREAL, Oct 11 (Reuters) - Bombardier Inc. (BBDsvb.TO: Quote, Profile, Research) said on Tuesday that SkyWest Inc. (SKYW.O: Quote, Profile, Research) had agreed to buy 22 of the Canadian plane and train maker's 70-seat CRJ700 aircraft.
The transaction, which is valued at about $798 million (C$941.6 million), converts 18 Delta Air Lines CRJ200 aircraft on a backlog assumed by SkyWest as part of the airline's recent acquisition of Atlantic Southeast Airlines, and includes four additional jets.
SkyWest also retains 15 CRJ700 firm orders on Bombardier's backlog from a previous transaction, Bombardier said.
($1=$1.18 Canadian)

I wonder who these will go to? This will make things interesting!

Cheers

Superpilot92 said:
why would i do that? I think Skywest is a good company. If i wasnt at XJET i would have tried to get over to skywest. I know a few people over there and they like it. I am actually jealous i would love to have some of the base choices skywest has. I might move up to Colorado and just commute.

No, nobody at ExpressJet cares if a pilot wants to leave Mesaba to go to SkyWest. XJ is not XJT

Plug said:
SkyWest orders $798 million of Bombardier jets
Tue Oct 11, 2005 09:56 AM ET
(Amounts in U.S. dollars)

MONTREAL, Oct 11 (Reuters) - Bombardier Inc. (BBDsvb.TO: Quote, Profile, Research) said on Tuesday that SkyWest Inc. (SKYW.O: Quote, Profile, Research) had agreed to buy 22 of the Canadian plane and train maker's 70-seat CRJ700 aircraft.
The transaction, which is valued at about $798 million (C$941.6 million), converts 18 Delta Air Lines CRJ200 aircraft on a backlog assumed by SkyWest as part of the airline's recent acquisition of Atlantic Southeast Airlines, and includes four additional jets.
SkyWest also retains 15 CRJ700 firm orders on Bombardier's backlog from a previous transaction, Bombardier said.
($1=$1.18 Canadian)

I wonder who these will go to? This will make things interesting!

Cheers

"With our recent purchase of Atlantic Southeast Airlines, we agreed to add 22 regional jets to the Delta Connection route network," said Jerry Atkin, chairman, president and chief executive of SkyWest.

per reuters.com

Looks like ASA is going to start their love affair with SkyWest with a fat jet order as a wedding present...

BigHangar said:
No, nobody at ExpressJet cares if a pilot wants to leave Mesaba to go to SkyWest. XJ is not XJT

I think its pretty clear in the posts that everyone is pretty sure the difference between XJ and XJET. Thanks for reminding us though.

RE: Pay during training at Skywest. Their website hasn't been updated regarding the fact that they now DO pay during training. As stated earlier, $19.02 an hour at 65 hours guarantee. It's a recent change. On a side note, it appears that the next few classes have been cancelled due to UA and DL reduced flying. Sorry to break the news.

Global33, Thanks for the effort to inform, however, I do want to add that they HAVE changed the website to reflect pay in training. SkyWest pays $19.02/hr at a 60 hr guarantee in training. Once you start IOE, you are at the 75 hr guarantee. I was just finishing up training when they made the announcement starting September 1. I was paid 60 guarantee until I started IOE and 75 hr guarantee all through IOE. Hope that help clear some confusion.

USC328

Latest resources

Back