• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJ or AE?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is the way all of the regionals are going.

If it helps...I went AE and stayed 6 months...then XJ came along and took over NW Airlink in DTW when AMR bought the whole Eagle deal...it was a no-brainer for me...AE FO to XJ Captain, stay in the area and all that...the main thing that stays with me is the hostile "ax-hanging-over-your-head-at-all-times" mentality that AE had at the time vs. the "we're-a-family-here" attitude that XJ had (at that time)...come on over...XJ's still pretty good...(and yes, I'm up near the top)...

XJ is Mesaba not Express Jet
Then why did he use XJ for Mesaba and AE for Eagle? Eagles letters are actually MQ. He should try being consistent don't you think?

I'm former Eagle and current Mesaba. I've found the travel bennies to be better at Eagle. My dad travels a good deal and was able to get to Europe a few times a year at Eagle, no luck yet at XJ. Also, the cost for the travel seemed lower there. I enjoy Mesaba but think the travel was better under the AMR umbrella.

I'm former Eagle and current Mesaba. I've found the travel bennies to be better at Eagle. My dad travels a good deal and was able to get to Europe a few times a year at Eagle, no luck yet at XJ. Also, the cost for the travel seemed lower there. I enjoy Mesaba but think the travel was better under the AMR umbrella.

True word, but you'll be flying the line alot more than someone will be travelling...I'm not sure I would make my choice based on travel bennies...just my opinion for what it's worth...

You no longer have any option. Eagle is furloughing. Soon to be followed by the rest of the industry.

Y'know siucav, I'd almost like to launch into a rant about how you don't need to rub salt into our wounds now that you've got the Emirates job.

Of course then I look at your avatar, and am reminded that the world is a wonderful place.

I dont have the emirates job, I am flying a Legacy for a fractional out here.

And if I had just waited I could have taken a voluntary furlough, which would have given me a big piece of mind.

Latest resources

Back