• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJ or AE?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Go to XJ. Things aren't great at the regionals right now, nor at the majors, so go somewhere you can camp out and be comfortable (as much as possible). Mesaba is growing and if you get the Saab you can transfer to the "9" and fly to far off places like DFW and see the Eagle planes anyway. At least you won't have to be in San Juan. Go to XJ.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Why would he have to be in San Juan if he chose AE?

Go to XJ. Things aren't great at the regionals right now, nor at the majors, so go somewhere you can camp out and be comfortable (as much as possible). Mesaba is growing and if you get the Saab you can transfer to the "9" and fly to far off places like DFW and see the Eagle planes anyway. At least you won't have to be in San Juan. Go to XJ.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Thanks man. 3 year seat lock, unless you upgrade. But the plane I fly doesn't matter to me, its just another panel and set of systems. I already have 2 types, and fly a biz jet all over the country. I want QOL.

How about my parents flying non rev out of MN... If I take the AE job can they still non rev on NWA? Would there be any travel privilages? I have to think about them too. It looks like XJ just seems to work out better for me.

XJ Parents get non-rev benefits on both Delta and NWA. For Parents, Delta is free....even for 1st class. NWA you pay a small service charge. Come to XJ, things are pretty good here!

Things are slow right now at mesaba, but they are slow at Eagle too. Why would you think we have had a lot of street captains from there? I would say if you are from MN, try for XJ, I have commuted and lived in base. I liked living in Base so much, I decided to take a different Capt seat which will put me on reserve in my home city for years to come. Like I said, living in a city where you have friends and are close to home. I think if you are worried about your parents so much, they mean something to you, so better to have them close. (they can stop in and see you when they come to MSP to non rev)

Got to agree with Hawk... I'm looking at a long time on reserve.... probably til I leave this company. But it's not that bad being at home.... done the reserve thing in the crash pad before, not so much fun.... Though still not the end of the world here (granted that was with 15 days off instead of 11 back in the good old CVG days)
I never really considered travel benefits when deciding where to send off resumes... But Delta has some of the best and we are now supposedly getting those as part of the merger so maybe that is a selling point.... I don't know since I rarely go anywhere with them.

Thanks guys.

Looks like XJ for me. They were great to me during the interview. I did (as of Friday) accept their employment offer. I just wanted to make sure that I made the right decision. Looks like I did.

I don't care which plane they put me in but I would hope for MSP or MEM, but I'll go whereever they send me.

Anything you XJ guys can tell me about working at Mesaba? Good and Bad.

Thanks

I got hired into XJ back in NOV last yr. I was flying 135/91 prior and I love the change, even though I am on reserve I finally have a schedule, the flying is fun, the people are great. The former AE's in my class are seeming to enjoy it also. Hope to see you soon.

Since no one answered about the non-rev questions at Eagle...Yes your parents would get non-rev priviledges. But only on AA and AE, not on NWA. Plus there will be a service charge for your first 5 years. Since you are in MSP, I also think that XJ is your best choice. I've got a few buddies at XJ, and they seem to like it over there.

I got hired with the limey guy above and have to agree, as someone with the same background mesaba has been a very good change. I'll also be on reserve forever, but living in base is the key.

No, the timing isn't great, a year or so ago would have been better, but considering the options I think you'll like it here. Good people.

Latest resources

Back