Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Hollywood82

Morning Gents,

Thanks for all the great input on my previous questions, you've all been very helpful.

XJ or AE?... if you were offered a job by both? I am from the MN area and XJ would be closer to home, but I would be in class 2 months earlier at AE.

XJ also offers travel privilages to parents, and XJ services into my hometown. If I worked for Eagle would my parents still be able to non-rev from home?

And the most important, JOB SECURITY. How does XJs future look with the DAL/NWA merger compared to AEs future with the possibility of being sold?

I know these questions may seem kinda dumb, but I've only seen 135 ops so far in my career.

Thanks in advance.

Not dumb questions at all. If I were you, I'd go to XJ. Once you try commuting, you'll hate life. Chances are you may be commuting no matter what you choose. MSP is probably gonna go really senior. With the NWA/DAL merger and the AE spinoff rumor, there are no guarantees.

Good luck. They both have their negatives and positives.

Neither is really a great option right now.... You are a year late for Mesaba and who knows about Eagle. But you have an outside shot at MSP (if you get the CR2) right out of class at Mesaba. So I'd at least see what they offer first. Commuting really does suck, really....

I'm willing to live at my domicile, commuting won't be an issue. I was just wondering what travel options my parents will have if I take the AE route. They live in a town serviced by NWA.

They have done alot for me, and I don't have much to give back to them. Free/ discounted travel would be a good start.

I'm favoring XJ, I was very impressed during the interview. Seemed like a good place to work with positive people. I'm just scared of the late class date.

Your thoughts?

Have you looked at XJET right now? Their stock is tanking, pilots are concerned about their jobs, things aren't good...

I will ask again, and so everyone know's I am referring to Mesaba as XJ.

I'm willing to live at my domicile, commuting won't be an issue. I was just wondering what travel options my parents will have if I take the AE route. They live in a town serviced by NWA.

They have done alot for me, and I don't have much to give back to them. Free/ discounted travel would be a good start.

I'm favoring XJ, I was very impressed during the interview. Seemed like a good place to work with positive people. I'm just scared of the late class date.

Your thoughts?

I will ask again, and so everyone know's I am referring to Mesaba as XJ.

Your thoughts?

Go to XJ. Things aren't great at the regionals right now, nor at the majors, so go somewhere you can camp out and be comfortable (as much as possible). Mesaba is growing and if you get the Saab you can transfer to the "9" and fly to far off places like DFW and see the Eagle planes anyway. At least you won't have to be in San Juan. Go to XJ.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back