• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJ MSP Avro base closure

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I felt very lucky to be hired at XJ. Considering my previous job (farming) and the fact that where I came, I mean where I trained, from XJ was one of the top places to be (2000). I guess luck might be the right word as long as the prefix is bad. The experience at XJ has opened a few more doors but I don't know if the sacrafice is worth the gain. I made it 364 days .... can't even imagine how the long term fo's are feeling. I am still holding on .... atleast one more month but I am afraid all has been for nothing. Cya

Dodge said:
It's a good thing that XJ has a long, proud history of downgrades. Nothing like hired, upgrading, downgrading, upgrading, downgrading, soon to be furloughed in a short 7 year period.

I remember when Mesaba used to be a place many wanted to work at. I was talking to a CFI the other day and was told no matter what the outcome at XJ in the next year or so, they would never be receiving a resume from him. That is too bad, too; good kid. Soon Mesaba will be competing unsuccessfully to attract the bottom of the barrel applicants.

What a sad situation.

Hmm, I remember saying the same thing about Mesa and Pinnacle a few years back. :rolleyes:
I don't know of anyone that plans on accepting recall if it ever comes. I'd be surprised if they can fill one class with recalls.

this is not a rip on comair, but I remember in college comair was the place where u bought you job. Skywest, who wants to move to Utah. you'll never get laid there. Mesaba quick upgrade, buddy, buddy with NWA. Yup a great career progession.
Damn was I wrong. Almost wish I had jumped ship to 9E back in 2001, would have been a captain for a while now. Course I was hoping for the reciprocal LOA to help us out. Of course that sure matearerilized. Screw it, so did I p*ss everyone off yet.

I'm not mad .... just wondering if you could give me a heads up on your future plans so I can avoid the he'll you call a career! Cya

So after the Memphis closure, and now the MSP base, have they continued to have AVRO pilots hanging out on the bid list? It just seems like something else is up, and they don't want to spill the beans until all labor groups are beat down.

Back to the shoulder board issue. I was displaced back in Dec. and I had given my FO boards to a buddy that hired in in 05 and he took them with him in Feb. I still wear the 4 stripes because I will not buy any more uniform pieces for this sad excuse of a misrun airline. What are they gonna do if you don't wear fo boards? Displace you? nope, they already did that. Maybe furlough you? Nope, they will be doing that anyways if you are above 400 seniority. They don't care what you wear they are so short staffed that they are just happy to have a body in the seat. I'll be the one wearing shorts, flip flops, and a tee shirt with my capt. boards taped on! this company can kiss my -----!!!

Latest resources

Back