XJ MSP Avro base closure

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SplitBar

Memo out yesterday. Effective Oct 28th, XJ will cease operation of it's MSP Avro base. Planning said the realignment notice will be out soon. It will be an ugly one as all of the senior MSP guys will displace to DTW in order to avoid Saab class & to keep their Avro pay until the very end. Stay tuned.

That was a tough commute last summer to and from training. Now that planes are even more full, they better have alot of backup plans.

WMUSIGPI said:
That was a tough commute last summer to and from training. Now that planes are even more full, they better have alot of backup plans.

You'd be better off finding someone to kick you in the nuts so you can stay at a hospital for a few days...it'd be less painful.

Hey kmox- Still out there!
You can still come back and help us burn it down, once they impose!
You are always welcome....

Hey- after years of holding capt. at this sh**box of an airline, will soon be fo again. Anyone know where to get a set of fo bars, or do we not have to get them. I'll be damned if I'm paying 12 bucks for the privilege of new bars thanks to our so-called senior leadership team. How about tape over one of the bars?

I don't know about your procedures, but at our airline if you have held captain there you're allowed to wear the CA epauletts. This happened to a lot of folks when we had flowback/furlough in the 2001-2003 days.

It's a good thing that XJ has a long, proud history of downgrades. Nothing like hired, upgrading, downgrading, upgrading, downgrading, soon to be furloughed in a short 7 year period.

I remember when Mesaba used to be a place many wanted to work at. I was talking to a CFI the other day and was told no matter what the outcome at XJ in the next year or so, they would never be receiving a resume from him. That is too bad, too; good kid. Soon Mesaba will be competing unsuccessfully to attract the bottom of the barrel applicants.

What a sad situation.

saabservant said:
Hey kmox- Still out there!
You can still come back and help us burn it down, once they impose!
You are always welcome....

I could then die a happy man.

i just passed my third year at mesaba, furloughed once, and now the last FO on the saab in minneapolis.....and in Saab training. I never thought i would finish training since we were told we were getting another furlough soon.....that was like 5-6 weeks ago. What i laugh at is that they are so short Saab Fo's, they are using check airmen to keep flights going. So they are thinking about letting another...what....80-100 people go? i think they would not even be able to cover the flights they have, this place will be interesting i do beleive!

Latest resources

Back