XJ Manager's tell Pilot's "your not worth it!"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Huh?

Correct me if I am wrong, but don't WE the crewmember have to agree to go over 15 hours? Seems simple to me...Just say NOOOOOOO!

After Pinnacle 3701, I don't think the NTSB or the FAA allow that presto change-o game.

Even if it means going into a day off, don't do it!

Correct me if I am wrong, but don't WE the crewmember have to agree to go over 15 hours? Seems simple to me...Just say NOOOOOOO!

Yes. The Captain has to REQUEST to exceed a 15 hour duty day. Management cannot request it. But then again, when does management ever give a crap about a pilot contract.

Welcome to the old 135/91k bend you over tactic. Technically speaking, you can exceed the duty day with the last leg being 91. Here is the intent of the rule: If the crew voluntarily elects to return to a home base empty (deadhead/repo) than the duty day may be exceeded.

This has been used in other industries so long, frankly, I'm surprised it hasn't shown up here. Basically, the company works you all day and times out your duty in some other city. Then, they give you the choice to repo home or stay. Well, unless you're one of the kids still enamored with overnights, you get in the airplane and fly it home. You don't have to, but if you want to go home you do it.

Question I have is what about the FA. Strictly speaking, they don't fall under the 91/deadhead rule, do they? They aren't required crew without pax.

Hired at XJ in 99. This thread peaked my interest, though I left in '06 as saab captain. Hired by JR. Great guy - then. He was shown the door because he couldn't keep it in his pants at work and got caught. XJ will never change, get out. XJALPA only has so much it can do, they try, but fight a losing game. Sounds like it is much the same. I feel for you guys.

I believe this issue (flying past 16 hours) was brought up in my new hire class ... granted this was before JR returned. The final answer was that even though under part 91 a flight may be operable past 16 hours, XJ's policy was to follow the more restrictive duty rules under part 121. I wouldn't count on any help from JR, or anyone from XJ, if any issues were to arrise during this type of operation. Stay the night and make 4 hours the next day!

Yeeeah baby!

I believe this issue (flying past 16 hours) was brought up in my new hire class ... granted this was before JR returned. The final answer was that even though under part 91 a flight may be operable past 16 hours, XJ's policy was to follow the more restrictive duty rules under part 121. I wouldn't count on any help from JR, or anyone from XJ, if any issues were to arrise during this type of operation. Stay the night and make 4 hours the next day!

Ding Ding Ding we have a winner! Thank you for playing please drive through...

Been said before. It's real simple. Don't REQUEST to go over 15 hours. When they start calling to get me to request it, my cell phone get's VERY VERY unreliable, and many times the only working phone I can find is in the hotel.

I had a captain ask if I minded leaving the hub to go to the overnight (day one of three) if it meant arriving over fifteen hours... I just laughed and said sucks for you to be a commuter but that's partly why I left 135. I am not playing that game here. 15:01= no go!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back