• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJ Manager's tell Pilot's "your not worth it!"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The final answer was that even though under part 91 a flight may be operable past 16 hours, XJ's policy was to follow the more restrictive duty rules under part 121.

The last D.O. at XJ always went with that. Now it is a different game.

I wouldn't count on any help from JR, or anyone from XJ, if any issues were to arrise during this type of operation.

He used to be cool when he was here before. Now all he seems to care about is getting planes out on time. Sure doesn't care about the pilots or keeping them from getting in trouble. Everytime I've had to call dispatch with an issue and gotten him he just says "it's legal" or "all you guys have to do is agree."

He is a different person than the last time he was here.

The last D.O. at XJ always went with that. Now it is a different game.

He used to be cool when he was here before. Now all he seems to care about is getting planes out on time. Sure doesn't care about the pilots or keeping them from getting in trouble. Everytime I've had to call dispatch with an issue and gotten him he just says "it's legal" or "all you guys have to do is agree."

He is a different person than the last time he was here.

Maybe he stopped taking his meds again

My take on the 91/121 situation is that if it is flown under a flight number -empty or not- it is a 121 flight. You want it part 91, then file it under 123XJ. They play these games sometimes where they will tell you that it is a 91 flight, but run it under the original flight number. This is because we get paid "fee for departure".

Just said 'no' to going over 15 a few days ago...

and as for commuters wanting to go over 15 to an outstation to avoid buying a room.... ask for a hotel room at the hub! It works, trust me, I've gotten it every time (and I don't even commute, just drive a ways in to the airport).

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back