• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJ getting 9E aircraft?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Okay for one stop the bashing, get a life. I will also say about the 9E planes from years ago. I have heard from mechanics that they were in terrible shape, and from a different mechanic, that they were not in bad shape. Who to beleive? The other thing, who was that guy who is telling pilots to make sure the paint matches on their planes? OKAY! So when my FO is preflighting, I will make sure that is one of his/her priorities! If its not matching, I will write it up as "looks stupid, cannot fly". Just knowing how NWA does not care about the looks of planes should prevent any bad comments towards a redtail pilot. I will say this, they are funny to look at. Some of us at XJ are rather fond of our Saabs, they gave me a job when all our jets left. And we should all know, keeping our job is a high priority. But what the future holds for anyone at a NWA regional is up in the air-good luck to us all is all I say

For one thing, it would be silly for any airline to spend any money on paint until we've all determined what colors to use and whose logo to put on the tail. That'll take at least a year or two.

For one thing, it would be silly for any airline to spend any money on paint until we've all determined what colors to use and whose logo to put on the tail. That'll take at least a year or two.

Wow... a post with common sense!

Yes it would be great to have all the airplanes lookin nice and "purty" but management isn't gonna spend a dime to swap out anything that isn't "necessary to make the flight depart on time."

The other thing, who was that guy who is telling pilots to make sure the paint matches on their planes? OKAY! So when my FO is preflighting, I will make sure that is one of his/her priorities! If its not matching, I will write it up as "looks stupid, cannot fly".

Hey dum dum, that was me. My point was that you have two planes sitting side by side on the ramp with their nose cones mismatched and 3 mechs sitting down in the smoke hole just staring at them. Your mechs dont give a crap just as much as 9E mechs don't give a crap.

And for the record, I personally took one of those 15 birds up to CWA and it was in pristine shape. Not a thing wrong with it and it was the cleanest plane I've ever been in at 9E. Flew straight as an arrow.

I don't have anything personal against XJ guys, but you guys obviously have a deep rooted hatred for 9E. I can't walk from Popeyes up to ops without 2 or 3 of your guys giving me the evil eye. I know I'm fat and unattractive, but jees, the staredowns really get old. Would it really hurt you that much to nod your head or say hello?

BTW, where did Ralph go? He is one of the coolest guys alive. "How you doing my man"?

Last edited:
Ah, how I've missed a good XJ vs. 9E thread.

9E went through a lot of growth and took on a lot of young pilots. Some were tools. Now Mesaba has hired like crazy. Some are tools. We've hired people well under 300 hours. Let's not talk too much smack.

Remember KARMAS a BiT%h...I see all sorts of spiky haired, IPOD on, back pack wearing TOOLS at XJ now. Never used to see that before. I can just imagine some of those old school captains I know over at XJ having to fly with some newbie punk with 290 hrs total. I would love to be a fly in that flight deck when the FO wips out his IPOD.

As for the planes leaving 9E for XJ, rest be assured those will be the first 200's parked after the merger.

The other 13 crj's originally scheduled to go to XJ were never delivered from the factory. The 15 from 9E were theirs hence the non XJ tail numbers

Ask any mechanic on the line, they'd much rather take the time and fix an item...but the orders to defer everything comes from higher up. Those who drive operations have such a penchant for on-time departures, regardless of maintenance, weather, etc. that they have completely lost sight of overall customer service. I can also tell you, from personal experience, that this attitude is the same at both XJ and 9E...it's the same thing, just a different company name. Sorry to burst your bubble folks.

Not to throw gas on the fire, but I seem to recall seeing 9E CRJ's with engine cowlings that don't match. I guess our MX isn't the only lazy ones. And to tradersltd. who looks at NWA CRJ200's on airliners.net. There are only 2 Liverys. Get outside a little if you were actually looking up N numbers.

ChickenSled said:
I don't have anything personal against XJ guys, but you guys obviously have a deep rooted hatred for 9E.

That's a pretty big generalization. 50% of XJ pilots haven't been here long enough to know enough to hate 9E. :laugh:

I think there are some at each company who will never get over the other. Just the way management likes it.

ChickenSled said:
BTW, where did Ralph go? He is one of the coolest guys alive. "How you doing my man"?

Still at XJ as a CRJ-900 captain. Never met anyone who had a more positive outlook on life than him. Great guy.

I have nothing against Pinnacle in general. I was brought into the Mesaba fold years back when Pinnacle hating was required and expected, back in the day when Mesaba was hiring with a minimum of 1000 or more total and at least 200 multi. In the sim you'd get the 50 foot missed approach with the instructor acting as ATC saying "Pinnacle's on the runway, go around". It didn't help their cause planting one in Missouri and a few other screwups along the way. Hey, Pinnacle is Pinnacle.
Yes we have are tools now at XJ. I'm still not sure how anyone with 300 hours is competent to sit right seat carrying passengers. I've been single pilot a half dozen times now with newbees that are woefully behind the airplane. I am the last guy to bend someone over the sawhorse, 3 years of being a CFI taught me patience so I understand those that are a bit snarky, for lack of a better word, but when I have had to feathers ruffle, in the words of the great Steve Fuller in the Bears Superbowl Shuffle rap it has been with the greatest displeasure because frankly it sucks to rip someone a well deserved new one.
That being said, those CRJ-200 airplanes that XJ is getting now were originally XJ's airplanes back in 2005. We went bankrupt somehow and gave Pinnacle the planes. When we emerged last year new and improved the planes rightfully were returned back to us.
I do wish you guys well Pinnacle, because I know hard times abound for all of us. I just have a problem with those that don't know the history of this situation.
I've been kicked out of one airplane, displaced, furloughed,forced to sit in Notown amongst crack whores and pimps for three months last year on reserve for no good reason so I've grown a bit grumpy.
Anybody spouting off about XJ getting back their aircraft needs a reality check. Isn't that the purpose of this forum?

This is fricken hilarious! This dude is dog'n on people for not knowing their history, and he has no clue himself.

Pinnacle had those 15 CRJ's delivered and in operation BEFORE xj won the award for their 15. It just so happens that number 3-15 were never even built.

Those 15 jets were ordered for 9E. They were ours and were never intended for xj. Until the BK.

Tool.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back