• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJ getting 9E aircraft?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That may be true, but there is no wondering how XJ flies the CR9s.

Dive!.. Flare... flare... KA-BOOM! :laugh:

Funny thing is, we've never had an issue keeping them on the runway, or in the sky. Go figure.

Maybe it's cheaper to have somebody else get all the mx issues up to speed. Same as the B models we received in the past. Weeks and weeks in the hangar to fix all the items that were not taken care of by 9E.

Why don't you dillweeds get the nose cones and cargo doors on your Saabs to match the paint on the rest of the plane before you start throwing spears.

For real dude, I'm walking down the Alpha gates in MEM the other day and I see one saab with new school paint with an old school nose cone. One Saab right next to it with old school paint with a new school nose cone. Then there is a Saab with no paint on the nose cone and a thing scrawled in crayon that says "I hate Pinnacle and my name is SEVEN" on it. Honestly, you can't be saying that much about 9E maintenance when your guys can't take 5 minutes to trade them out and sign the AML.

I've been around the block a few times (don't believe me, ask your mom) and Maintenance at Pinnacle is pretty darn good. There are a couple of mechs that are aholes and it is a shame that Fred stole Vlad from us, but otherwise, pretty good stuff.

Funny thing is, we've never had an issue keeping them on the runway, or in the sky. Go figure.

Wow. This thread is filled with hatred.

Mesaba and Pinnacle folks should not attack each other. We're all in the same boat. The thing that hurts us all is the the 'proud' one who feel like they're above the next guy.

We pilots do not have a say in the fleet movement at all! Forget the March 31st deadline we had for a new contract.... those 15 CRJs were going to Mesaba regardless.

Wow. This thread is filled with hatred.

Mesaba and Pinnacle folks should not attack each other. We're all in the same boat. The thing that hurts us all is the the 'proud' one who feel like they're above the next guy.

We pilots do not have a say in the fleet movement at all! Forget the March 31st deadline we had for a new contract.... those 15 CRJs were going to Mesaba regardless.

Well said, flyer, well said.

Can't bash XJ maintenance. Prior to my sim training on the -900, I went out to the XJ hangar in DTW to spend some time (11pm-2am three nights in a row) with the airplane, learning about its systems and practicing flows, etc. The MX crews that opened up the hangar to me were awesome and very professional. Obviously, we have no control over the color of our nose cones or cargo doors, but there's a reason it all works out that way. I was extremely impressed with the DTW MX operation and hold them in the highest regard.

Mesabi Miner

Ah, how I've missed a good XJ vs. 9E thread.

Whose mx is better, who flies better, who crashes more. Does it really matter if the planes showed up like crap? (And for the record, Chris, I don't think it is because of how Pinnacle flew them.)

9E went through a lot of growth and took on a lot of young pilots. Some were tools. Now Mesaba has hired like crazy. Some are tools. We've hired people well under 300 hours. Let's not talk too much smack.

Just remember, every time a thread like this gets out of hand, Richard Anderson says "Yes, everything is happening as I have forseen it! AHH-HA-HAAAA!"

We're on the same team, boys.

I have nothing against Pinnacle in general. I was brought into the Mesaba fold years back when Pinnacle hating was required and expected, back in the day when Mesaba was hiring with a minimum of 1000 or more total and at least 200 multi. In the sim you'd get the 50 foot missed approach with the instructor acting as ATC saying "Pinnacle's on the runway, go around". It didn't help their cause planting one in Missouri and a few other screwups along the way. Hey, Pinnacle is Pinnacle.
Yes we have are tools now at XJ. I'm still not sure how anyone with 300 hours is competent to sit right seat carrying passengers. I've been single pilot a half dozen times now with newbees that are woefully behind the airplane. I am the last guy to bend someone over the sawhorse, 3 years of being a CFI taught me patience so I understand those that are a bit snarky, for lack of a better word, but when I have had to feathers ruffle, in the words of the great Steve Fuller in the Bears Superbowl Shuffle rap it has been with the greatest displeasure because frankly it sucks to rip someone a well deserved new one.
That being said, those CRJ-200 airplanes that XJ is getting now were originally XJ's airplanes back in 2005. We went bankrupt somehow and gave Pinnacle the planes. When we emerged last year new and improved the planes rightfully were returned back to us.
I do wish you guys well Pinnacle, because I know hard times abound for all of us. I just have a problem with those that don't know the history of this situation.
I've been kicked out of one airplane, displaced, furloughed,forced to sit in Notown amongst crack whores and pimps for three months last year on reserve for no good reason so I've grown a bit grumpy.
Anybody spouting off about XJ getting back their aircraft needs a reality check. Isn't that the purpose of this forum?

Maybe it's cheaper to have somebody else get all the mx issues up to speed. Same as the B models we received in the past. Weeks and weeks in the hangar to fix all the items that were not taken care of by 9E.
so, you really think that if any airline in the world is about to get rid of some of their aircraft, they are going to keep throwing money into maintaining them in tip-top condition? It's called reality. When ANY airline sees that they are parking certain a/c, those a/c will see their last flights with many more MELs.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back