• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJ getting 9E aircraft?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm drinking a Guiness and had a few shots of Tequila. I've read this thread form the beginning and have one question. is this about which (9e or xj) one sucks the most or not. They both suck! I like pilots not Corp. names. I have a loyalty to my fellow pilots. No matter what airline they fly for. I will not push from the gate knowing there is a fellow pilot needing a ride home being left behind. Whip-sawing occurs because you let it. Who cares. If my job at 9e ends, I'll go get another. If bad things happen to my company due to miss management and good things happen for another thats fine. Then my company lost a great pilot group, and another will benefit from it.

That's a pretty big generalization. 50% of XJ pilots haven't been here long enough to know enough to hate 9E. :laugh:

Ha, that is good stuff my friend. That is the same problem here, about 1/3 of the pilots haven't been here long enough to know that they should hate 9E. If Pinnacle could, they would fire every pilot after 11 months and then all of Devil Whites memos would actually have some gas.

Last edited:
Hey dum dum, that was me. My point was that you have two planes sitting side by side on the ramp with their nose cones mismatched and 3 mechs sitting down in the smoke hole just staring at them. Your mechs dont give a crap just as much as 9E mechs don't give a crap.

And for the record, I personally took one of those 15 birds up to CWA and it was in pristine shape. Not a thing wrong with it and it was the cleanest plane I've ever been in at 9E. Flew straight as an arrow.

I don't have anything personal against XJ guys, but you guys obviously have a deep rooted hatred for 9E. I can't walk from Popeyes up to ops without 2 or 3 of your guys giving me the evil eye. I know I'm fat and unattractive, but jees, the staredowns really get old. Would it really hurt you that much to nod your head or say hello?

BTW, where did Ralph go? He is one of the coolest guys alive. "How you doing my man"?

Seriously, one of the points to my post was to stop the hate. I know pleanty of guys at XJ that have the same opinion of 9E as me, I judge you individually, not by your company-period. I do know people that are idiots that do not have a high reguard for you just because you are a 9E pilot. That said, I am sure you have the same at 9E-sounds like you are one of them. I say this why? Because you do not get a "hi" from a guy walking to get food? or going home? I do not sday hi to many at the airport. If I have flown with the person, recognize them or just make accidental weird eye contact i might say hi. That said, if I do not say hi, guess what, I do not hate you. Well maybe you-oh I must say, just because people are out to get you, does not mean you have to be paranoid- did i get that joke right?

I have more classmates/friends working at Pinnacle than I do at Mesaba thanks to the sham bankruptcy/furlough. It's a shame but the way this industry currently is. It in no way means one is better than the other. It just means people shuffled to where the jobs were at the time.

exactly, if 9E would have been hiring before XJ, I would have applied there and took the job if offered. And I might add this, if I were at 9E for the last five or so years, I would have made more money there than at MEsaba. And some say that with the number of a/c we have, we should have "snap backs" to our old pay, but I do not see it, I still say that our rates are crap, but there is nothing we can do about it

It was very commendable of how Pinnacle pilots supported Mesaba pilots during the 2004 contract. There were several who walked the lines with XJ pilots.

I personally hope Pinnacle gets are really solid TA - it helps raise the bar for all.

And for who said that we should just like pilots, not the company they current work for, that's exactly right. Kind of like baseball players... in between all the action, they are mostly friends.

Last thing in regards to not "nodding" at you in the terminal, like hawk said, don't take it personally. Many Mesaba people don't even acknowledge Mesaba people... LOL at the "wierd eye contact"

Last edited:
Amazing. Even though most of us that were there years ago are long gone, the same lame-ass arguments between XJ and 9E continue. I proudly walked the line with XJ pilots on multiple occasions. I got treated great by your pilots on the commute from CAK for my first few years at the 'Nickel. And Tom Wychor is one of the finest people I've ever met. I've got nothing against XJ, and I never did. All of you XJ and 9E newbies need to wise up and think the same way. You should have no grudge to bear against each other.

BTW, where did Ralph go? He is one of the coolest guys alive. "How you doing my man"?

Ralph's still here...on the CR9 as captain now...you're right, he's a great guy! And the stare downs work both ways...I never pass another pilot without nodding or saying, "hi"...but many times as not they look away or at the floor...and I'm not fat (yet) or ugly...I'm a pretty pretty princess!! We all just need to unite and fight the power! All this oppression from the airline man is taking it's toll...the man must be brought low!

Ok, with all this love spreadin' going on around here- I'll join in.

Next time you see me under B, I'll be the one with the high five waiting... "I feel the need!.."
..the rest will be up to you.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back