• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJ CRJ200 not all going to MSP

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you guys at 9E treat your CRJ's like you did your saabs, they will be hardly air worthy like the Saab A models were when NWA took them from you. Keep it up and they will take more from you........you be rude, I will be rude........how many airframes have your pilots wrecked?

Please find another pilot group to represent if you want to be rude!

this post is not to start a war of any kind of all, this is just a question of curiosity. In class we heard from one of our union guys say that mesaba might not be able to accept the 200's or just not accept all of them because of staffing issues dealing with accepting the 900's and attrition. Has anyone at mesaba been hearing this? We cant staff them as it is so i was just curiuos

If you guys at 9E treat your CRJ's like you did your saabs, they will be hardly air worthy like the Saab A models were when NWA took them from you. Keep it up and they will take more from you........you be rude, I will be rude........how many airframes have your pilots wrecked?

Let me get this straight. You started this thread with a rumor that the CRJ-200's were not going to come to Mesaba with flaps 8. When you recived confirmation of this rumor you retorted with the implication that XJ will get flaps 8 whether PCL likes it or not, how our pilots suck, and that we don't maintain our aircraft. Now I'm the a**hole?

You are a piece of work. I propose that XJHawk gets his own forum so that he can talk to himself.

The word around 9E is that XJ will take the initial 2 in September but have pushed back the other 13 indefinitely due to staffing issues...looks like Pinnacle will babysit the airplanes until XJ can accept them

That sounds about right. Mesaba has never been able to staff an airline. There are only two options at XJ; furlough or cancel vacations. Been that way for years and now that the pilots voluntarily gave up a week of vacation, the company can understaff even more when they cancel the pilots' remaining weeks of vacation.

Back to the CRJ's. If anyone is surprised that there is a possible hangup with ac delivery at XJ, shame on them. After 9/11, all regionals grew exponentially. XJ only went down 45% from 2001-2007. But, it is a great place to spend 6 years in the right seat of a Saab.

If you guys at 9E treat your CRJ's like you did your saabs, they will be hardly air worthy like the Saab A models were when NWA took them from you.

Where in the world did that statement come from? Express one had the lowest power by the hour rate from GE of any CT-7 operator in the world. GE told us we got that rate because of the way the pilot group took care of them. The original 3XX-PX numbered airplanes had very few problems. The AM and MA N number airframes were always problems. The BH N numbered airframes had the problems you would expect from sitting unused for so long in MIA. It took months to get the roachs out of them. The airframes Express recieved from CMR were absolute junk. They had N numbers in the 100's. One of them, 106PX, went 45 days without completing two consecutive legs without a mechanical delay. Our Mechs told us there were Fleet Campaign Directives that were ten years old that had never been complied with. Every time one of them started an engine com 1 would transmit a loud squeal. If you had the ground freq in com one the whole airport knew you were starting an engine. But then if you look at the serial number plates on those airframes none were higher than 20.

As far as CRJ operations go we have one of the lowest rental rates on APU's, brakes, engines, etc around. And again - it is because of the way the pilot group is trained, and does, take care of them.

Okay lets get something straight, I made a post initially that said something like I heard something from our director of flight ops.....that not all the crj 200's were not going to MSP. I stand by that, thats what he said. I never mentioned 9E, period. I do not know where those 200 are right now, i heard some were in the desert, some were at 9E, i do not care. My second post was something like......he watch out, NWA can take any planes they want from any of us. My example was the Avro. You who I see on here all the time, seem to know everything, I never make that claim. I just posted what I heard so some of our guys who work with me can take that into account when they do their preferance bid, and to listen up to what might be coming down the pipe.

My comment about the A models, that is from many of our mechanics and pilots who flew those planes, that they were not in the best shape when they got to XJ.

And as for representing.......my union represents me, I represent myself. I said something about your airline....which is true.....a number of airframes were wrecked.......period. I was being a dick, you deserved it. I like many 9E pilots, but the fact is that when i hear rediculous statements on the radio......or boasting about how great your airline is on this forum.....well, lets just say that our union is developing a mentorship program to prevent some of the things that rapid growth can cause at an airline. Let it drop.......I am done with this bashing crap, this post was for XJ pilots......NWA tells us what we are losing, where they go, period. Oh and do not beleive the "I hear from a guy......who says ......." yes we have staffing issues, thats a given because we are owned by NWA

Supposedly latest word is all the 200's will be flap 8 capable and based in MSP... As for staffing, name one US regional that isn't up S@#$ creek with the staffing issues. I've had a number of Pinnacle pilots say thanks for taking the 15 planes so that they can hopefully be properly staffed for once.... Kinda like I said finally I'm seeing some newhires starting IOE here so that I hopefully won't keep seeing 4 digit caller ID's on my phone.

Mesaba screwed the pooch when they played all these bankruptcy games and caused almost half the pilots to leave one way or another just as everyone else started hiring again.... now they are just starting to ramp up the hiring as everyone is hitting the bottom of the barrel of qualified applicants. They are dreaming that this flow through to NWA will start attracting people from other regionals, but like most everything else around here, I will believe it when I see it.

Latest resources

Back