• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Rossa

Some questions:

How many CRJ's do we currently have?

What schedules are they flying?

If we furlough and XJ has supposedly stopped CRJ classes, are they going to stop CRJ flying, or crank up the CRJ classes once more, in order to train FO's to replace the ones that will go?

These are legitimate concerns.....Flame-baiters please continue to post on OTHER threads!!!

One other thing.....Let's not turn this into another Mainline vs 9E vs XJ thread - that s##t is really getting boring!

Are we still getting 6 crj's by the end of the year?

We have 2 so far. Think they are out doing proving runs. People in the first normal CRJ class are in the sim now or starting next week. Next CRJ class delayed a week.

I think we have no more than 2 aircraft and none are flying schedules yet. I am only guessing though on this.

If we furlough, the CRJ FO's will be gone, as they are the most junior. Those slots will be filled by Saab or Avro FO's who will not be senior enough to stay on their airplane, or by the downgraded captains. Massive training costs are on the horizon. Way to go Spanjers and Foley on your foresight.

That blended FO pay rate is going to cost the company millions in retraining. If senior FO's had an incentive to fly the jets, the company wouldn't have to train twice as many pilots. We went through this at the end/beginning of '02-'03 where we furloughed and then had to displace Saab FO's to Avro FO's because the Avro FO's got furloughed.

Chris,

Sounds like you are in MSP at the moment - what is going on at XJ HQ? Is it doom and gloom, or don't worry?
The reason I ask is that, the training events that will follow the Avro losses (if they do go), will cost a fortune - guys will manipulate the contract to force the company to pay for as much as they can get (displacements, etc...). Not to mention all of those newly trained FO's (for all 3 A/C) walking out the door and finding another job at CHQ or somewhere else. What do those in the know in Eagan say?????????

Last edited:
The displaced pilots better get what they can out of the contract. If they don't we might as well not send any negotiators when this one is up. As far as CHQ goes, prolly a crapier place but you will upgrade there, unlike here at XJ.

Can someone explain to me why NWA would park 15 CRJ's and then order new CRJ's for a "sister" company. Maybe I don't understand all dynamics in the relationship between NWA and 9E and XJ... but this makes no sense.

sf3boy said:
Massive training costs are on the horizon. Way to go Spanjers and Foley on your foresight.

Massive is not the word. A more extreme superlative is in order. Looks like MAIR might have to support Mesaba for a while instead of vice versa.

MM

What happens to the 1 year training contract the newbies signed at XJ, they can't be held to that if furloughed and choose not to come back...or do I stand corrected?

platinumclub said:
What happens to the 1 year training contract the newbies signed at XJ, they can't be held to that if furloughed and choose not to come back...or do I stand corrected?

Not worth the paper it's written on.

Latest resources

Back