Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

IHateMgmt

Hey guys,

Just flew 360PX to the graveyard today with a CP. That was the ninth of our 11 straight B's and the other two are scheduled for the 13th. (I've got pictures to prove it, in case some of you still don't believe they are actually going).

That's the bad news, the good news (and this is straight from the CP) is that XJ has put in a bid to NW. If awarded, we would retain 49 SF34, 25 fifty seaters, and 50 seventy seaters. Those are the real numbers, anything else you hear is not true. He also felt positive about our odds of getting it.

Take care

Yes this will happen if NWA gets out of the scope contract with the pilots. Do you really want those 70 seat airplanes?

YourPilotFriend said:
Yes this will happen if NWA gets out of the scope contract with the pilots. Do you really want those 70 seat airplanes?

No. What we really want is to see all of our Avros go away. 1/2 of our Saabs go away and be left with just a small Saab fleet. That way we can furlough hundreds of FO's and downgrade 100's of Captains.

YourPilotFriend said:

You have to be a furloughed NWA guy, scraping by and praying for a job at NWA.

YourPilotFriend said:

No matter what, some pilot group gets screwed out of jobs and some pilot group whores out for less money than they should be making.

Does it really matter anymore? Everyone is in survival mode. If you aren't on board with that thinking, you will be left behind.

I am NOT advocating whoring out (a la Mesa) but when you think about it, NWA flying 70 seaters at regional rates is the same thing.

This whole industry sucks and someone is going to get the major shaft in this deal one way or another. I guess it's tough to point fingers at people who are only trying to feed their families.

YourPilotFriend said:

You mainline guys are really clueless aren't you? Maybe you guys should have thought about this issue 10 years ago. Now it's too late. I want my airline to grow so that I have more opportunities. I don't want some hope that I can fly the 70 seater at mainline for essentially the same rates and workrules, only without my seniority and longevity. I would rather they come here so I can keep my seniority and longevity.

AVoiceOfReason said:
You mainline guys are really clueless aren't you? Maybe you guys should have thought about this issue 10 years ago. Now it's too late. I want my airline to grow so that I have more opportunities. I don't want some hope that I can fly the 70 seater at mainline for essentially the same rates and workrules, only without my seniority and longevity. I would rather they come here so I can keep my seniority and longevity.

Last I heard, they were trying to rid you guys of your brand scope. You know the 20 seats and more must be flown by a XJ pilot. Why would they want that? Say hello to the new MAIR subsidary and goodbye to your longevity. I may be furloughed out of NWA but i'm still in line to make $170,000. I just have to wait a few more years, since i'm still young. You guys have nothing but the promise of 70 seat airplanes at less than 50 seat pay. The way I see it, you guys are clueless.

YourPilotFriend said:
I don't know what you're getting your panties all in a bunch about. We are already flying the AVROs with 69 seats. The plan is to phase out the AVROs as they phase in the CRJs. Basically not much is changing since last summer, expect we will finally get the 50 seaters we were promised. As a guy who is scheduled to be furloughed in a month, its just nice to hear that our airline will probably return to normal soon.

IHateMgmt said:
I don't know what you're getting your panties all in a bunch about. We are already flying the AVROs with 69 seats. The plan is to phase out the AVROs as they phase in the CRJs. Basically not much is changing since last summer, expect we will finally get the 50 seaters we were promised. As a guy who is scheduled to be furloughed in a month, its just nice to hear that our airline will probably return to normal soon.

When did they announce the 50 seaters are being delivered?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back