• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJ bid to NW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This thread is the corner stone of our (the pilots) down fall.
We are not part of the bidding process. We don't set policy or manage the companys we work for. Yet 1/3 of these posts speak as if we do. NWA, XJ, and 9E pilots have little to no control over what happens with this bid.
In stead of trying to blame each other the three pilot groups should be sticking togeather.
Blaming each other simply facilitates the race to the bottom.
We can not manage to companys, or the bids or the flying.
What we can do is stand togeather and get the best possable contracts.
Wonking at each other over who's at fault for the findings of the judge is retarded. Thats like trying to blame each other at a super bowl party for your team loseing. We are not the coachs.
How about some soladarity!

Scope is not going anywhere...Most mainline guys Ive talked to said they will shut NWA down before they give up scope...I hope big Northwest gets the seventy seaters, cause I know I dont want to fly them for 55 an hour.....

YourPilotFriend said:
Yes this will happen if NWA gets out of the scope contract with the pilots. Do you really want those 70 seat airplanes?

does one seat really make much of a difference? I've been flying 69 all year. I would take a layoff rather than a paycut if that matters to ya....
hell I think I'd take a laytoff rather than status quoe for that matter. At least I'd see my wife for once. And I could join the bowling league.....

I hope NWA files for Chapter 7 and liquidates so I can get a pay raise...........on unemployment! They'd be doing me a favor.

Grimper said:
We are not part of the bidding process. We don't set policy or manage the companys we work for. Yet 1/3 of these posts speak as if we do. NWA, XJ, and 9E pilots have little to no control over what happens with this bid.
In stead of trying to blame each other the three pilot groups should be sticking togeather.
Wonking at each other over who's at fault for the findings of the judge is retarded. Thats like trying to blame each other at a super bowl party for your team loseing. We are not the coachs.
You've got to be kidding me. This thread is NOT the cornerstone of our downfall. It was meant to get the facts out there, and possibly chear up some of us pilots who are looking at an otherwise bleak future here at XJ. I am aware that I play virtually no part in the bidding process, I guess I'm just interested in what is happening at the airline that I'm scheduled to be furloughed from and a number of pilots already are. You can let me know how you feel when (not if) you get your first furlough notice.

GRIMPER said it correct. When all of us where doing other things we all killed to be here. We all thought that the GEM queen air hauling frieght was the best thing in the world to do. Now that we are all here we see the same ol thing but in someone elses sandbox again. We have no control. So we dont take a cut, hold out and strike worse case scenario. Then what. They will replace us faster than you can even know whats happening. Dont get me wrong im with most of you that i will find other employment and strike if it comes to that, but dont be so nieve as to think that anyone is this bussines cares about you. Do you think spandex looses sleep over your 1200 take home base pay. There is no optimism, you know why, because you work in a industry that is controlled by so many variables that it will never be stable or anything like it every was. Ive never been furloughed thankfully but i feel the day is comming here at XJ. But you know what WHO CARES. We arent the first group to go through this and wont be the last. Explain to someone who was at TWA and now hes on the street for AA. His recall will expire before he goes back. There is always someone who has it worse than you. XJ is going to get striped and hopefully rebuilt the question is are you willing to hold out for your spot for a few months or a year. Are you willing to be the greeter at Walmart for the same pay about until you get your job back? Its going around, you are not safe at any regional. Express, Air Willey, Horizon it doesnt matter. It comming. As long as mainline holds the carrot we are just here for the ride. I just wanted to throw this in there for those of you leaving to other airlines congrats on finding other employment, But XJ will come back around because no matter what is said on here the workers care. To the gentlemen earlier raving about horizon, their contract is up in the fall and since the are directly owned by Ak Air group and after what the air gorup did to the AK air pilots , good luck. LETS ALL RACE TO THE BOTTOM TOGETHER.
CCCCCCCCCAYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

PCL_128 said:
Please state a single case of a BK judge actually granting an 1113(c) motion. Actually, I'll just save you the time: it's never happened!!! If this judge actually throws out the NWA CBA, then it will be the first time in history that a judge has actually abrogated a CBA. I don't think we'll see it happen. BK judges tend not to like forging new ground with ambiguous laws.

I'll concede that a judge has never thrown out an entire contract, however, parts of contracts are "adjusted" all the time. The threat of a judge throwing out the whole contract is enough to make any MEC crumble. Most MEC's end up negotiating with management so that they can pick their own poison when it comes to what will be given up. And as the rest of my post points out, scope clauses are not very high on the list of priorities.

later

Grimper said:

Personally ...I would blame the players for losing the super bowl!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back