WWYD NetJets or Delta?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

I am applying at DAL. I can commute relatively easily.

If NetJets goes to home basing, my application is on the way.

cliff
YIP

PF

You sound like one of the few happy pilots I've heard on this board. I wonder if you've ever been called in to the CP's office because you gave a complaining passenger the number to the corporate office and told them the name of your CEO. A friend of mine got an unpaid three-day vacation for providing good customer service in this way.

Naturally, everyone's perspective is different. It seems you have forgotten what it's like at the lower levels of the industry or have never worked for a tyrannical mgmt. team. Enjoy cloud nine my friend, you are where many of us are still trying to get to. (not a personal attack, but I wonder if you can see other peoples perspectives in this racket)

Altscap, obviously your friend works for ASA.

If NetJets goes to home basing, my application is on the way.

You and several hundred other people. Just like how the rush of apps came into NJA after the TA was announced. But hopefully HBA-for-all is coming because the current dumb-a-cile system is costing the company a lot of type ratings and causing a lot of people such as yourself to hold off on applying.

GG,
Do you think those that are currently HBAs will fight to get HBA for all or just think about their own bottom line? Assumming the company does not just give it away. If this topic is only discussed on the IBOT board, that is cool too.

GG,
Do you think those that are currently HBAs will fight to get HBA for all or just think about their own bottom line? Assumming the company does not just give it away. If this topic is only discussed on the IBOT board, that is cool too.

I think most of the senior (read: HBA) pilots want HBA for all. There's no rationality for letting part of the pilot group have HBA and requiring the other portion to use a dumb-a-cile.

But the question is: what should the union bargain away in order to get HBA for all? The answer is nothing, because the dumb-a-cile debacle was the company's idea and they have the ability to fix it any time. I think attrition and training costs are going to finally make someone in management 'fess up and do something to fix it. Will it be HBA for all or expanded dumb-a-ciles perhaps more akin to the previous gateway system? I don't know but I think that we may hear something in the next 6 months or so.

That's all my opinion, of course. Do NOT make career decisions off of that, as your mileage may vary.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back