• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

WWYD NetJets or Delta?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You'll make more $$$ at NJA...more retirement...but...you have Flight Attendants at Delta...

You clearly haven't met any of my company's flight attendants. ;) Sure some of the are cute, but the others mostly resemble a burlap sack in a uniform... These, of course are, the ones that are trying to talk dirty to you through the door. That being said, I'd still fly the Falcon :).

JKF fuel farm blowing up would not be good for anyone...

We depend on the airlines to get us to our own planes. If something happens to the airlines... we cannot deliver our product

That is very simplistic, linear thinking. Cause and effect. Far too simple for this world! :nuts:

My point was a bit more realistic actually.

It is a fact that another terrorist attack would have immediate and negative implications on both major and frax operations.

It is a fact that the mass public will need to continue to fly.

It is a fact that we depend on the airlines to get us to/from so we can deliver our product.

It is a fact that the rich will stay rich and not fly on the airlines.

Macro point:

With all of these factors in mind, I do not see the airlines being grounded for a long period of time following any attack but I DO see airline management floundering and furloughing... again... due to public panic and reaction.

Micro point:

Who depends on JFK fuel farms more for daily ops? NJA or DAL? "Ok... JFK is out, should we go to FRG, ISP, LGA, EWR, TEB, MMU?" 'Nuff said.

Not to mention, if we had trouble airlining around the country, scheduling would of necessity have to become more efficient. :D

You ever try non-reving with a family?!?:eek: No thanks, I would rather buy my tickets. Travel benefits are NOT a benefit anymore in the 121 world, that is unless you are without family. And if you are, how long will that last???
Travel benefits are a joke.

Absolutely, positively, correct. It just took me two days to get from EUG to ATL.

Go with Net Jets, or apply to Flex Jet. I have an airline friend that just got hired and loves FJ.

I have jump seated quite a bit on DAL, when I was an regional stooge, often the DAL crowd was extremely arrogant and demeaning. As others have said, another 9/11 and DAL could be gone. The high-net-worth crowd is fed up with airlines, hence the growth of Fracs.

I would absolutely go with NJA, or FJ.

Good luck!

Are you really going to make your decision based on us jokers at Flightinfo? Go to Netjets, here at Delta we hire people that can make decisions.

I mean really, you can't decide whether you want to throw bags on a Citation and ride around in the back of airliners all the time, always on reserve vs. a major airline career?

......point proved about arrogant a$$es at DAL.

BTW, I have sat in many DAL cockpits while the Capt. begged dispatch to make a basic decision for him.

For those that like the 121 sched (knowing where my overnight will be) vs Frac (not know)...

You dont like to have your work week messed up, but you dont mind ruining your vacation plans.

How do you book a hotel (and rental car) in a place, not knowing if you will make the flight?

I would rather have a crazy work week, and a stable vacation.

For those that like the 121 sched (knowing where my overnight will be) vs Frac (not know)...

You dont like to have your work week messed up, but you dont mind ruining your vacation plans.

How do you book a hotel (and rental car) in a place, not knowing if you will make the flight?

I would rather have a crazy work week, and a stable vacation.

Or wake up in 10 years and say, "Man I wish I were at Delta, things are great there."

You can always go to NetJets if things don't work out. That is were most of there pilot group came from. If not that they couldn't get hired at a legacy back in the day.

I'm not saying NetJets is not a great place to be. I know alot about the contract. Go were YOU want to go. It would be Delta for me. Hired at a front side of a big hiring swing.

What does it really matter where you are going to end up on an overnight? A hotel is a hotel.... Fooling yourself into thinking that knowing when the crew van picks you up at the curb will some how make the job that much more liveable is crazy.

Hire at the front of a big swing, first to get furloughed when the swing goes back.

I think that if you want stability you go fractional. If you want ego go airline.

I agree, Griswold, I think YOU should go to Delta and stay FAR AWAY from Netjets, we are only looking for those that didn't make it in the big leagues since that is what we all are. Again - PLEASE never come to Netjets Griswold, the likes of you would be too much for us lowly Netjetters to handle!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back