Wwyb

FN FAL

Freight Dawgs Rule
Total Time
7,000+
With the price of fuel going the way it is, I'd think the twin diesel alternative from Canada would be the way to go

mattpilot

Finally! Graphical TFRs!!
Total Time
~900
FN FAL said:
With the price of fuel going the way it is, I'd think the twin diesel alternative from Canada would be the way to go

you mean austria, right? :)

diamond aircraft

Flyin Tony

Total Time
Well if I had 400K to burn maybe, but only a 100K +/- a little bit. I have found some nice Non turbo twin comanches.
How about a
Seneca I
or
Twin comanche

Thanks Tony

EDUC8-or

These Nachos Are Good
Total Time
>1
I would go with neither as well. The Seneca might be able to carry a little more weight, but it's a total dog. Plus, the ailerons and rudder are connected so that thing will dutch roll all day if you hit some mildly rough air. The Twinkie is faster, but if you want to bring some friends on a trip or haul some baggage you're SOL.

A friend of mine just bought an Aztec. I want to say it trues out around 170. He added extended range tanks so it can go as far as your bladder will last. Plus you can pack 6 people in there, top off the tanks, and put in bags for a weekend trip and it's right at max ramp weight after you load up.

EDUC8-or

These Nachos Are Good
Total Time
>1
Flyin Tony said:
Could I still log twin time :)

Only if you buy two TV's and put them on either side of your living room. Make sure you keep the volume of the two in sync because the constant whaaa whaaa whaaa might drive you insane. And make sure you take good care of the critical TV as we all know what could happen if you lost power during your favorite episode of Sanford and Son.

FN FAL

Freight Dawgs Rule
Total Time
7,000+
mattpilot said:
you mean austria, right? :)

diamond aircraft
Hahaha...you're probably way correct. I ferried some Katanas in and out of Canada...I just figured (ass umed) they'd be building those twins there as well!

FN FAL

Freight Dawgs Rule
Total Time
7,000+
EDUC8-or said:
Only if you buy two TV's and put them on either side of your living room. Make sure you keep the volume of the two in sync because the constant whaaa whaaa whaaa might drive you insane. And make sure you take good care of the critical TV as we all know what could happen if you lost power during your favorite episode of Sanford and Son.
:D I had to turn the VMC channel off and put the alternative rock station on...I was getting head spins!

WMUSIGPI

The $100,000,000 Question
Total Time
5000+
I'd pick the Seneca II if it has the certified known ice package. Aztec is better but is a gas hog.

avbug

Total Time
n/a
The Seneca might be able to carry a little more weight, but it's a total dog. Plus, the ailerons and rudder are connected so that thing will dutch roll all day if you hit some mildly rough air.

I bet you didn't type that with a straight face. I'd be embarassed.

mattpilot

Finally! Graphical TFRs!!
Total Time
~900
FN FAL said:
Hahaha...you're probably way correct. I ferried some Katanas in and out of Canada...I just figured (ass umed) they'd be building those twins there as well!

no.. you're right. THey do build them there for the north american market. Just saying i ran into a few people before that were convinced that diamond was a canadian company. I just like pointing out that it is an austrian product - you know, pride and all (the little that we do have) ;) Similar to the whole Red bull issue :p

avbug

Total Time
n/a
What? I realize it isn't really red, but are you going to tell me it isn't really made by bulls?

Or is it just austrian bulls?

Or so the Germans would have us believe...

EDUC8-or

These Nachos Are Good
Total Time
>1
avbug said:
I bet you didn't type that with a straight face. I'd be embarassed.

I wasn't laughing so I guess I should be. What part should I be embarassed about? The part where the rudder and ailerons are "lightly" connected as Piper puts it, or the part about the aircraft rolling in one direction and yawing in the other when you hit even the smallest of bumps. I'm sure it's not as pronounced as a jet, but it can be annoying. Especially for passengers in the back.

avbug

Total Time
n/a
I flew about five hundred hours or so in a Seneca II, and never once noticed any dutch rolling tendencies, or even any significant adverse yaw. A poor carpenter blames his tools. If you're having dutch roll problems in the airplane, it's a pilot issue, not an airplane issue. There's nothing wrong with the airplane.

Apparently there's something wrong with the pilot.

On that point, alone, you should be embarassed.