• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wwyb

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
With the price of fuel going the way it is, I'd think the twin diesel alternative from Canada would be the way to go

FN FAL said:
With the price of fuel going the way it is, I'd think the twin diesel alternative from Canada would be the way to go

you mean austria, right? :)

diamond aircraft

Well if I had 400K to burn maybe, but only a 100K +/- a little bit. I have found some nice Non turbo twin comanches.
How about a
Seneca I
or
Twin comanche

Thanks Tony

I would go with neither as well. The Seneca might be able to carry a little more weight, but it's a total dog. Plus, the ailerons and rudder are connected so that thing will dutch roll all day if you hit some mildly rough air. The Twinkie is faster, but if you want to bring some friends on a trip or haul some baggage you're SOL.

A friend of mine just bought an Aztec. I want to say it trues out around 170. He added extended range tanks so it can go as far as your bladder will last. Plus you can pack 6 people in there, top off the tanks, and put in bags for a weekend trip and it's right at max ramp weight after you load up.

Flyin Tony said:
Could I still log twin time :)

Only if you buy two TV's and put them on either side of your living room. Make sure you keep the volume of the two in sync because the constant whaaa whaaa whaaa might drive you insane. And make sure you take good care of the critical TV as we all know what could happen if you lost power during your favorite episode of Sanford and Son.

Latest resources

Back