• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mattpilot said:
you mean austria, right? :)

diamond aircraft
Hahaha...you're probably way correct. I ferried some Katanas in and out of Canada...I just figured (ass umed) they'd be building those twins there as well!

EDUC8-or said:
Only if you buy two TV's and put them on either side of your living room. Make sure you keep the volume of the two in sync because the constant whaaa whaaa whaaa might drive you insane. And make sure you take good care of the critical TV as we all know what could happen if you lost power during your favorite episode of Sanford and Son.
:D I had to turn the VMC channel off and put the alternative rock station on...I was getting head spins!

I'd pick the Seneca II if it has the certified known ice package. Aztec is better but is a gas hog.

The Seneca might be able to carry a little more weight, but it's a total dog. Plus, the ailerons and rudder are connected so that thing will dutch roll all day if you hit some mildly rough air.

I bet you didn't type that with a straight face. I'd be embarassed.

FN FAL said:
Hahaha...you're probably way correct. I ferried some Katanas in and out of Canada...I just figured (ass umed) they'd be building those twins there as well!

no.. you're right. THey do build them there for the north american market. Just saying i ran into a few people before that were convinced that diamond was a canadian company. I just like pointing out that it is an austrian product - you know, pride and all (the little that we do have) ;) Similar to the whole Red bull issue :p

What? I realize it isn't really red, but are you going to tell me it isn't really made by bulls?

Or is it just austrian bulls?

Or so the Germans would have us believe...

avbug said:
I bet you didn't type that with a straight face. I'd be embarassed.

I wasn't laughing so I guess I should be. What part should I be embarassed about? The part where the rudder and ailerons are "lightly" connected as Piper puts it, or the part about the aircraft rolling in one direction and yawing in the other when you hit even the smallest of bumps. I'm sure it's not as pronounced as a jet, but it can be annoying. Especially for passengers in the back.

I flew about five hundred hours or so in a Seneca II, and never once noticed any dutch rolling tendencies, or even any significant adverse yaw. A poor carpenter blames his tools. If you're having dutch roll problems in the airplane, it's a pilot issue, not an airplane issue. There's nothing wrong with the airplane.

Apparently there's something wrong with the pilot.

On that point, alone, you should be embarassed.

Latest resources

Back