• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

WSJ on SWA/AT Merger

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I believe the boomers had nothing to do with a law created in 1935.

Shall I source the ways SS has changed the way it's funded and where it's funds can go in the boomer era

An era, that thank god is coming to a close

SWA took care of that for you, right?

I certainly hope so. Nothing is a sure thing. 25 years is a long time. But I'm willing to paddle in the same direction and try to make things work. Just so there is no misunderstanding. I don't expect to be "given" anything by SWA. I worked hard at my two former carriers to give the pax a good experience and I'm going to do that at SWA. Same goes for treating my co-workers with respect. This should be a universal concept at all airlines. What SWA management chooses to do between now and when I retire is something that I have very little control over.

SS needs to be there for the people who really need it, and not so much for the people who don't, like you and I. Solutions need to focus on that.

Not trying to be a smart AZZ here, but, by your rationale SS then becomes just another vehicle to redistribute wealth i.e just another tax on my wages that I will not be entitled to because I have the ability to save for my retirement. The solution to keep SS viable would be to just raise my taxes. It is separated on my pay stub as SS but it is still a tax if I never get to see a dime of it.

Not trying to be a smart AZZ here, but, by your rationale SS then becomes just another vehicle to redistribute wealth i.e just another tax on my wages that I will not be entitled to because I have the ability to save for my retirement. The solution to keep SS viable would be to just raise my taxes. It is separated on my pay stub as SS but it is still a tax if I never get to see a dime of it.

SS needs to stay a universal. Changing it into another entitlement program just makes it a target for cutting. Keeping it universal means everyone has a stake in saving the program.

I know we don't want to be Egypt and those able to earn more must pay more taxes (call it an investment in stability) BUT don't f$&@ with my SS

Latest resources

Back