• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

WSJ: "An Airline That Makes Money. Really."

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ask all those rampers they just fired one night and hired a bunch of idiots at half the pay to take over what they think of Alaska.

Any figures on how much of Alaska's flying is government subsidized?
The EAS is for CDV, YAK, PSG and WRG. ADK and DGG have there own contracts / not part of EAS.
I asked the water cooler this question once. They gave me the numbers (which I don't remember exactly) and it wasn't all that much. A couple of million but when compared to our profits the last few years it was chump change.

Alaskas' pilots should have scope as the #1 item on the new contract. The SkyWest deal should be an eye opener to the pilot group. Although some (generally older guys) don't understand the importance of the scope issue. They just want their $$$$.

Alaskas' pilots should have scope as the #1 item on the new contract. The SkyWest deal should be an eye opener to the pilot group. Although some (generally older guys) don't understand the importance of the scope issue. They just want their $$$$.

Right there with you!!

Like I said during the last negotiations, when asked if they wanted scope, Alaska pilots said, "No thanks, I like Listerine." :mad:

Latest resources

Back