Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

WSJ: AMR also is seeking to outsource flying of any planes with fewer than 89 seats

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Obviously flame bait by posting this in the regionals forum, but what the heck, I'll bite. You could say the exact same things about Mainline pilots. See:

"Let me paraphrase, Mainline pilots are losers. Pretenders that will sell their coworkers out to benefit themselves because they are inferior to people who could actually work at market rates. They rely in Alpa to negotiate deals with management to monopolize labor, but management always has the trump card in bankruptcy law. Want proof, Watch the senior brass at DL vote on concessions in fear during the last bankruptcy round. Watch USAirways pilots cuddle in those cute sweaters at 7 am waiting for the courthouse to open, with America West right behind them. Pilots have become the wimps of society. Not a good image. Sick, this is."

ooooooh Snap! +1

Wrote this whole thing that got erased when I sent it. Let me paraphrase, Regional pilots are losers. Pretenders that will sell their coworkers out to benefit themselves because they are inferior to people that could actually get hired at legacy carriers. They rely in Alpa to negotiate deals with managment but management always has the trump card in bankruptcy law. Want proof, Watch the senior brass at OH vote on concessions in fear. Watch pinnacle pilots cuddle in those cute sweaters at 7 am waiting for the courthouse to open, with republic right behind them. Pilots have become the wimps of society. Not a good image. Sick, this is.

Next time you are begging for a Jumpseat on a regional. Why don't you mention this?

I think we all know the answer to this.

No, not amazing. Let's not forget how PSA ended up with the shiny new jets to begin with while the other two wholly owned USAir feeders were left to whither on the vine flying run out Dash's.

Not amazing at all.

Sooooooooooo true.......PSA has done it 2 times.....and long time ago PFT.....remember?

Last edited:
Would have been a great opportunity to have some leverage with management. But pilots fall for the same tricks time and time again. We are/were in contract negotiations, never should we have signed an LOA during this time. If management wanted 900 rates then negotiate them in the new contract. It was a simple vote for me. THen if Parker wanted to shut down PSA cause we were stubborn.......let it be.
And the other reason was that the Captains got an equal raise as the f/o's. Even though last contract the captains got a $5/hr raise and f/o's $.50.
Any raise has to be on the f/o side.

And now our old CP is no longer MEC.

I'm surprised American management didn't ask for even more than 88 seats to be flown by regionals?

Latest resources

Back