Written test @ SkyWest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Bunney

Any body else screw up on the written at SkyWest today? Apparently, I didn't follow directions because I answered 1-50.

Maybe I can try again in 6-12 months!

What was the deal? I am attending on the 20th in Portland. Any insight on how the day went. Were people getting interviews scheduled?

put out at the pilots' session was that those who met minimums and got a passing score on the tests would be called for interviews in accordance with the relative strength of their resume' among those attending the fairs. In other words if you passed the test and have 4000 hours of recent Part 121 turbine time, you would get an interview call before someone passing with the bare minimums. Both would get called but the stronger resume's would get the calls earlier.

Andy,

Any word on how many people actually took the test? What is the percent of people who typically pass it? I think I did well, but I'm just at company minimums, so it looks like it will be awhile yet!

Thanks!

HOW LONG TO GRADE THOSE SUCKERS

ANDY, ANY IDEA HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE TO GET
NOTICE ON HOW WE DID ON THE WRITTEN? AND IS
THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS TT HOURS? HOW ABOUT
COLLEGE, OR MULTI TIME? THX JOPILOT

I am going on the 20th. Did you guys bring all of your info, or just logbook and resume? How was the test?

Test results (pass/fail) should be out in 1-2 weeks after each of the testing dates. Things that matter on getting the callbacks are TT, Part 121/135, recent, tubine, multi, crew, ATP, letters of recommend from SkyWest pilots, and actual instrument. College does not have an effect on the score but is a nice thing to have.

CAPT BUZZ MAN

WRITTEN WAS STRAIGHT OUT OF ATP BOOK, PRETTY EASY
IF YOU HAVE YOUR SH..TOGETHER. MECHANICAL WAS NOT
TOO BAD. JUST TAKE YOUR TIME AND MAKE SURE TO ANSWER
Q'S THEY WANT ON 1-50( Q'S IN PERENTHSIS) EX. #1(3) MEANS ANSWER
#3 IN ANSWER BLANK #1....I THINK A FEW PEOPLE JUST TOTALLY
BLEW THIS! TAKE ALONG AN UPDATED RESUME AND A BIG STICK
TO BEAT YOUR WAY IN THE DOOR I WOULD GUESS OVER 180 PILOTS SHOWED UP IN SLC SO IF YOU R LOW TIME LIKE ME
IT COULD BE A WHILE, GOOD LUCK MAN.

Thanks, I have been studying the ATP book like crazy. I feel pretty confident about the tests, and despite being low time, an interview make my day, even if it means waiting a while. Gives me more time to keep flying and to prepare.

Latest resources

Back