Written test @ SkyWest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Andy,

So you are saying that even low time guys like myself have a chance at getting called if I pass the writtens?

From what was put out yesterday, as I understand it, a pilot who meets SkyWest minimums AND passes the tests, will get a call for the rest of the interview (tech and sim) before someone with better qualifications who did not attend the fairs.

What is different from the last time is that the first into the interview pool is not necesarily the first out of the interview pool.
For instance, a well-qualified pilot attending the PDX fair on the 20th who passes the test will be called before a minimally qualified pilot who passes the test at the SLC fair yesterday.

Andy,

A couple questions. I'm a little above minimums, have 500 turbine, 100 multi, and the rest single engine, for a total of 1400. I'm just about to start a part time gig flying a Citation. I'm prepared to go to the LAX fair next Wednesday. How many possible slots is SkyWest going to fill this year? And with my time, do you think I would have decent chance of getting on? I'm also 44 by the way, meaning that I'll want to retire with Skywest. Is that something else they consider when hiring pilots? Sorry for all the Q's.

Thank you,

Av8ter

We talked about hiring 200 this year including the 80 in the pool. Looking at the jet deliveries and the turboprops turn ins scheduled, that looks about right.

Your time (quantity and type) puts you in a decent position to get hired if you attend the fair. If you don't, it would probably be quite a long wait before we would call you. Your age is no factor either positively or negatively as long as you are between 21 and 60.

Andy,

So what you're saying is that SkyWest plans on hiring about 120 as a result of these fairs?

What about a CFI-I/MEI with 1100 hours (120 ME)?

Thanks!

I answer this post with great hesitation lest I get into a "What about me, boss?" scenario as seen in the Bugs Bunny cartoons.

Someone with minimal qualifications who passed the test should be getting a call for an interview. That call may come in late summer or fall, but it will come. Someone with minimal qualifications who didn't come take the test would wait a considerable amount longer (next year?) if we have to get through all those more qualified (higher scoring resume's) available to SkyWest on its online application site.

Latest resources

Back