Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flopgut said:
I know all about Netjets.

My doubt was that canyonblue has friends.

Canyonblue is ex-ACA/Indy, that makes him cool by default!

aa73
ex ACA/Indy

FlyBoeingJets-
"One thing I disagree with you on is SWA's service. SWA is spending to upgrade computers to "accomodate" assigned seating. In a couple of years they will work with inflight for meal service. You'll see."

I sure hope your wrong. Both will raise our costs. When pax know the seat is waiting for them, they take even longer to get onboard. Turn times are long enough already.

Aplus9 said:
FlyBoeingJets-
"One thing I disagree with you on is SWA's service. SWA is spending to upgrade computers to "accomodate" assigned seating. In a couple of years they will work with inflight for meal service. You'll see."

I sure hope your wrong. Both will raise our costs. When pax know the seat is waiting for them, they take even longer to get onboard. Turn times are long enough already.

YOu can do both. Group A is reserved seating. Don't board with your group, you don't get reserved seating. You can also charge more for reserved seating. I've seen people say that they would pay more for a SWA reserved seat.

Color outside the lines a bit. ;)

Aplus9 said:
FlyBoeingJets-

Did you miss the USA Today article about SWA spending $5 miilion to upgrade computers in order to start assigning seats? The USA Today, of course, mucked up the story. All the company really said was it would make us "capable" of assigning seats. And that SWA was "considering the option".

Maybe just like we "considered" the EMB-190 or smaller jets...or maybe it is coming in the future...

I made up the part about meal service. I don't think it would be too hard if we had it only on Super 737 routes to Hawaii or San Juan. Do other LCC carriers always have meal service on really long, Int. flights? I don't think ATA had it to San Juan. Hawaii?? I know SWA has a couple of 6 hour legs without it.

So, no, no plans for assigning. But I predict the international flights will demand it. Is it a TSA requirement?

Disclaimer: All my forward looking comments are opinion based in fantasy. No rumor here!!!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back