• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wright fight getting ugly!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Small towns better wise up. The days of subsidising very high cost RJs flying out of hick towns is being re-evaluated. Tell these hick town mayors to call Southwest.

Does not make and sense. ACT and SJT are full. Always full. And with little competition, they should be very profitable. I smell crap.

Perhaps Continental should propose more RJ flights from these smaller cities through IAH if AA continues this tactic. Good PR for CAL.

Any company trying to grow will use whatever power it can to make things happen. SWA is just doing what any company would. What is wrong with equal treatment? Why restrict any company from growth? Will it cut into profits at DFW and AA? Sure, but that's what competition is all about. Fighting "nonsense" rules is part of human nature right?

If American Eagle leaves Waco and other similar communities, you know that carriers like Mesa and others will pick up the slack - especially if a market exists. Who knows, maybe JetBlue would start E190 service to Waco - you never know given its low operating costs (i.e., low pilot wages)...

AA is a dinosaur resorting to empty threats. It's pretty pathetic...

Also, SWA doesn't despise pwerful companies. It despises companies that use unfair tactics to keep competition at bay.

Donald said:
Any company trying to grow will use whatever power it can to make things happen. SWA is just doing what any company would. What is wrong with equal treatment? Why restrict any company from growth? Will it cut into profits at DFW and AA? Sure, but that's what competition is all about. Fighting "nonsense" rules is part of human nature right?

i don't buy it. you argue for competition, yet have had a monopoly on DAL for almost 30 years now.

SWA can have equal treatment at DFW. SWA can have it's cake and eat it by beginning service out of DFW, while continuing it's monopoly at DAL.

it doesn't manner anyways as whoever greases the politicians the most (and SWA has recently become quite the greaser) will get what they want.

Donald said:
Also, SWA doesn't despise pwerful companies. It despises companies that use unfair tactics to keep competition at bay.

right....sure....

SWA, like any other economic entity, is out for #1. It undercuts other airlines and uses its lower cost structure to underprice tickets in order to gain a market share. AA lost a lot of money on 9/11. you don't think SWA, or any other airline for that matter, doesn't take advantage of this?

CitationLover:i don't buy it. you argue for competition, yet have had a monopoly on DAL for almost 30 years now.

SWA can have equal treatment at DFW. SWA can have it's cake and eat it by beginning service out of DFW, while continuing it's monopoly at DAL.

it doesn't manner anyways as whoever greases the politicians the most (and SWA has recently become quite the greaser) will get what they want.

Please tell me what AA has at DFW? Tell me that AA does not have over 60% of the gates at DFW, compared to 48% of (possible) gates at DAL for SWA.That dawg won't hunt CitationLover, furthermore SWA has NEVER indicated to anyone that this was nothing more than a chance to compete like other large metro area's in the country. You should read "Hard Landing", the read would do you good, not to mention the edumication you would get on the business of aviation.
Fair is fair, an objective view is absolutly what is needed here, so sit back and think about it the next time you get in your aicraft and live this dream we all call aviation.

Latest resources

Back