Wright fight getting ugly!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
roughneck said:
The Wright ammendment is a subsidy for AA without a doubt. That was not the initial intent, but that is the only purpose it serves now.

Sorry man, but the WA is a subsidy for DFW and the people whom it makes rich and powerful. If AA were the intended target of subsidization, DFW would never have offered free rent for a year, etc, to a LCC after Delta left. DFW would turn on AA in a minute if it meant keeping their fiefdom. did I spell feifdom right?

enigma

AAflyer said:
Ya,

NWA,DAL,UAL,AA,CAL,USAir, every single one of them will be gone in the next few years, and SWA will rule the world. God you guys are arrogant.

AA

The circle is complete ... when last we met you were the AArogant Bastard. NOW I AM THE SWARROGANT BASTARD!

Flopgut said:
Utterly, the most backward a$$ perspective one could have. When did SWA begin hiring such mental miscarriges?

Yawn, that is it? No counterpoint? Just the flame? You are getting lazy.

I heard a radio ad this morning that was the response to SWA's recent ad campaign for the WA repeal. I have to say, regardless of anyone's position on the WA, this ad-sponsored by DFW- didn't sit well with me.

The reason? It seemed to be trying to masquerade as coming from SWA! It used the same style and format as most SWA ads. A woman's voice narrating with a thick Texas accent, real sweet and bubbly. Campy music in the background. You get the idea. The ad ended with the statement of "let's keep Love Field for short-haul flights and have DFW for long haul. Everyone gets the best of both worlds. Let's help bring LUV to DFW". Then the male voice, low volume and really fast "Thisadpaidforbythedallasfortworthairport".

It was almost like it was a SWA ad trying to generate SUPPORT FOR MOVING TO DFW!

Anyone else hear this and get the same impression? This just seemed a little too underhanded and deceptive for DFW to be doing. Kind of like a corporate identity theft.

Just saw the same ad on TV. At first I thought it was a SWA wright is wrong AD, but it quickly turned to move LUV to DFW.

Anyone else think by the time its all said and done, SWA will be at DFW with a new terminal close to the runway as promised and a lease deal that is impossible to refuse. Either way, SWA might be in a win-win now.

win-get low cost gates, etc at DFW
or
win-get the law lifted.

Either way not bad for SWA

Empty threats and scare tactics is about all they have left..

United and USAIR being in BK didnt really have all that much impact on the market..

NWA and DAL going at the same time puts AA in a very, very bad position with a total market share that can and will slap AA around domestically.

AA is kinda like a tall pine tree..

It has to be surrounded by its kind in order to survive the heavy storms.

Out by itself exposed to the heavy winds of a quickly changing domestic market place its gonna snap or be up rooted due to its very height..

I can already here the creaking now..

MLBWINGBORN said:
Empty threats and scare tactics is about all they have left..

United and USAIR being in BK didnt really have all that much impact on the market..

NWA and DAL going at the same time puts AA in a very, very bad position with a total market share that can and will slap AA around domestically.

AA is kinda like a tall pine tree..

It has to be surrounded by its kind in order to survive the heavy storms.

Out by itself exposed to the heavy winds of a quickly changing domestic market place its gonna snap or be up rooted due to its very height..

I can already here the creaking now..

Dang man, be careful with those thoughts. If AA is tall pine needing to surrounded by its kind, that might mean that they will manufacture a reason to file Bankrupcy so that they can join their kind. That might leave SWA as the next lonely tall pine, which is not something that I want to contemplate. If AA becomes an injured, cornered rat the game could get really ugly in a very short period of time.

enigma

str8upflyrght said:
Saw the commercial on a local TV Station today. The DFW people made it look like SWA sponsored te ad. Here's the website.

http://www.keepdfwstrong.org/

What do ya wanna bet that Herb is in the studio shooting a reply as we speak? Faking the real Herb would be a slight bit harder for AA/DFW to accomplish. Let em try to get by with that kind of deceit.

enigma

Latest resources

Back