Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wow I only need 350 hours and 25k to fly an RJ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jitterbugs flying airplanes? That can't end well.

For $25,000 I can train any of you guys to be a janitor on a factory floor. I know that sounds pricey for that line of work, but at least you'll make more money than a pilot.

FlyBunny said:
Believe me friend, there's no such thing as stick'n'rudder and 'seat-of-the-pants' flying with jets, especially CRJs, 747s, Airbuses...and that very FACT makes those planes safe to fly!

Return to us and discuss when you have performed a visual approach from the downwind, too high to start, asked to "come to the numbers" and then asked to "square the turn to final" and then asked for S turns on final and then landed it in a 45 degree crosswind 15 gusts to 30.

I think we have a new Rhoid/guppy killer/freight nazi.

FlyBunnny you are today's Summer's Eve Winner, congratulations!

FlyBunny said:
YOU SIMPLY DO NOT HAVE TO TEACH IN ORDER TO BECOME A GOOD PILOT!
JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE HAD TO TEACH IN ORDER TO 'LOG TIME', DOESN'T MEAN YOU HAVE TO START DEMANDING THIS SO-CALLED 'PAY YOUR DUES' FROM OTHERS. JUST THINK OF ALL THOSE INCOMPETENT INSTRUCTORS WE ALL HAD...THERE ARE MANY THOURSANDS OF PILOTS FLYING FOR MAJORS, REGIONALS, CORPORATE WHO NEVER INSTRUCTED, BUT SOMEHOW WE WNT TO PUT THIS CONDITION ON THE RELATIVELY LOW TIME NEW HIRES...FUNNY.

You do not "need" to teach to become a good pilot. But there is no better way to learn about flying than teaching. Any pilot who is teaching JUST to "log time" is a parasite on the system and is worthy of contempt. If you just want to log time- tow banners, do sightseeing flights, do anything other than make a negative contribution to aviation by providing sub par instruction.

Better yet, just buy it. You dont sound interested enough in aviation to do it any other way. Get the loan, go to the rating mill, ace your guaranteed interview (after all, you're the best pilot you know, aren't you?). ATC, MX, dispatch and your captains will keep you out of the dirt and the CP's office (its their responsibility, isn't it?). Maybe you'll be lucky and get a quick upgrade (you deserve it, don't you?). Million to one chance that the defecation will ever hit the rotary oscillator (C'mon, these RJs practically fly themselves, don't they?). So it will all be just fine, won't it?

Bunny, you sound pretty convinced- so be it. There are plenty of fast-trackers and it usually works out for all involved. But all you out there considering your path in aviation: do what you need to do, but please, please, PLEASE dont be another POS time building instructor wasting their students time and money but leaving them under trained and not even knowing the difference.

Latest resources

Back