• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wow...how about this apparent lack of judgement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This had to be a fiasco in the cockpit. How do you go from 200kts short final while dirty, to crashing on a go around? He!!, they could have simply raised the gear and pulled up and they would have been in Newark airspace in about 5 seconds!

YEP, and still have had enough energy to make a 270 back to runway 6 or 24 with both of 'em shut down, since naturally had he not crashed in the building, he would have prly accidentally feather both when he pulled the wrong levers back...

be careful out there.

First officer in a Baron?

All the ad's that I've seen for Quest Diagnostics have been 3000TT to apply but it appears the 'first officer' had just above 135 IFR mins.

Anyone here work for Quest? Is it possible to get on with 135 IFR mins? I've heard no, but can't find anyone who actually is employed there.

High time does not equal good pilot. I've seen a couple of high time pilots that are not competent.

Ain't that the truth. A charter company I worked for a LONG time ago had this "older" guy come in for a job. Had a true 18,000+ hours, types and PIC time on like 6 airliners, flew for Eastern, Tower and Southern Air. Typical charter company......he bought his own type-rating on the Learjet and the moron chief pilot/owner of the company went up for a quick flight with him, signed him off, and let him fly as captain with like 20 hours on the Lear.
He was coming back from his first flight ever with the company, first flight ever in the Lear as a Part 135 checked captain too, letting the co-pilot land who didn't have a type-rating and maybe 100 hours on the Lear as SIC.

They went right off the end because he was screaming it in on final and did nothing, and didn't go around. Lear 55 too, that certainly didn't help matters.

The PIC died. Wife claims he wasnt at controls. R.I.P.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5j10WwBXvgmjz0dflGUVNNl3wmflQD9AH89R00

Pilot injured in Teterboro, NJ, crash dies
(AP) – 6 hours ago

LIVINGSTON, N.J. — The pilot of a small plane that burst into flames after crashing at Teterboro Airport in New Jersey last month has died from his injuries.

George Maddox of Sinking Spring, Pa., died Friday at Saint Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston, said his wife, Lisa Roach Maddox. He and the co-pilot, Sanil Gopinath of Laurel, Md., suffered severe burns in the Aug. 21 crash, and Gopinath remains hospitalized.

Authorities have said the 54-year-old Maddox was piloting the twin-engine Beechcraft Baron, which crashed into a tree and sign after an aborted landing. However, his wife says he wasn't at the controls at the time of the crash.

The plane was carrying blood and urine specimens for Quest Diagnostics, a testing firm with an office near the Bergen County airport.

The cause of the crash remains under investigation.

Maybe he was a checkairman or something? Anyone know?

Could be I suppose.

He must have been an active CFI, since he had kept that certificate valid.

Also, what was his PIC limitation on the Learjet? Not that it has anything to do with this crash. But usually, the limitation is stated, such as circle to land NA, or things like that.

Latest resources

Back