• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

would you take this offer?

• yes get the type and get the job

Votes: 139 48.8%
  • nope this is too close to the PFT devil

Votes: 146 51.2%

• Total voters
The company may have been burned by employees in the past. If that's the case, their selection process is clearly lacking and henceforth is a poor reflection on management. That alone should tell you something about them.

The fact that they require an employee to pay for the initial training they by regulation or policy are required to provide clearly demonstrates that the company does not trust their own employees once hired. That fact indicates to me that the owner's and or management's personal integrity is suspect.

What do you think it would be like working with people of that caliber every day? If it were me, I would thank them for their time, wish them good luck, and tell them I don't believe I'd be a good match for their company culture.

A buddy of mine is looking into this bonding thing as guys leaving is playing hell on his budget. He is chief pilot and every time some body leaves in say less than 18 mo he has to explain him self to the finance guys,ie why are you $30000 over.I am an old airline guy and from my prospective theses are pretty good jobs.

Making someone sign a reasonable contract to remain employed for a specific period of time or they will have to pay for training costs is not unreasonable in my opinion. However, to expect for the employee to pay for the training out of his/her own pocket is unacceptable, rather the agreement is to pay them back at some point or not.

People do Jump ship right after school. This real only apply's to pilots that move to another company for a pilot Job. even if it is their dream Job. If you leave for safety or family issues that is cool. It really suks from an employer standpoint. And there is no justifcation from the employee standpoint if they can't give a year to a company willing to invest in them.
I think there sould be non-compete clause contracts out there. If you quit in less then TBD time, then you can't work in this city,
Protection for stealing business.
my $.02

I'm not too familiar with the corporate flying jobs out there, but I got my 737 type before SWA discontinued this prereq and got hired. It was a gamble because they could have told me to get lost, but I was willing to take the risk to pursue employment with my #1 choice. So, maybe it boils down to how bad you want to work for this company and if you're in a financial position to "take the risk."

Waldom said:
The company may have been burned by employees in the past. If that's the case, their selection process is clearly lacking and henceforth is a poor reflection on management. That alone should tell you something about them.

I dis-agree, What id you recomend a friend to fly with you. They get hired and your company sends them to school. He promises you to stay a year. He quits after two months to take another job for 15K more.

Is this a bad reflection on you! I hope not cuz it happened to me.

This may have been said but if they are going to require a contract, why not have input? If they want you to sign a two year contract, why not put in the contract that they are required to pay you for the length of the contract?

smails said:
This may have been said but if they are going to require a contract, why not have input? If they want you to sign a two year contract, why not put in the contract that they are required to pay you for the length of the contract?

Exactly!

Latest resources

Back