Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Would you leave your regional job for Netjets?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Interesting thread.

I did leave a regional for NetJets about 4 1/2 years ago. One of the smartest decisions I ever made. The money I made was pretty much equal to what my friends at my prior employer were making. Being able to move back home because of the gateway system was a huge plus for me as well. But that was then and this is now.

All of the reasons that have been stated here for not wanting to come to NetJets are completely valid. The one that makes me smile though is new hires having to move to one of the 5 domiciles. The general consensus among the pilot group is that this is just pie in the sky for the company. This one issue alone will keep qualified applicants away. This BTW was one of the elements of the TA that they would not budge on.

Oh yeah, Martha Stewart got run off a long time ago.

Last edited:
I left NetJets 5 years ago to fly sideways for AA, thinking I had it made. Now I'm furloughed, in a new profession, and will probably never go back to flying professionally.

While I was at NetJ, it was a young, spunky, growing company with a fantastic sense of awe and employee morale. That has changed pretty much everywhere in the industry. My friends who are still there have cooled a bit with their enthusiasm.....it's become a sub-optimal job. The "career" of flying no longer exists. Too much jerking around by too many people. No stability. No future.

If you're young and single, it's fun. That's why the regionals are still doing well, with a seemingly limitless pool of eager souls to fly for almost nothing.

But no real career, and certainly no liveable wages anymore.

Oh, yeah. Had the pleasure of hauling Martha a few times up to Maine. What an unpleasant day it was! Why are there no French-Country curtains on the cabin windows?

Last edited:
If that had kept the homebasing or made ATL a base then I would leave in a heartbeat for Netjets. I won't move though. ATL is home and it's where I'm staying. Maybe they'll change their minds about the new basing system if they can't get enough applicants, but I'm not holding my breath. You guys got a great TA though, and it's something to be proud of.

I am in the process of doing exactly what you asked about. I was fortunate enough to be in the last class allowed to use the HBA so I consider myself extrememly fortunate. I am leaving what used to be one of the best regional jobs out there and am within 4-5 months of the left seat and am not looking back on my move. I will no longer have to commute, I wont take a paycut to do it, I will have a better schedule (7-7) and I will be able to live whereever I want. To say nothing of the fact I think the flying will be a lot more interesting. This was something that I had been sitting on the fence over for the last few months and the new TA at NJA finally made me go for it. You will continue to see the regional lifestyle come under attack from all sides as the various bankruptcies continue and I have already given back all I am going to. When I have to pay for 7 hotels a month just to go to work something is seriously wrong. I will miss the travel benefits though.

Awesome points from both sides.

Hey Twotter, I sent you a PM.

Seeing how part of my motivation to leave my regional is to get back home to California, NetJets with the T/A doesn't look like it's going to be an option.

Is NetJets considered to be at the top of the fractional heap? Are there others that will allow a person to live where they want and still have a descent quality of life and salary?

One of the 5 bases is LAX under the new TA - don't know if that would help you or not but it would get you back to CA. NJA would certainly be at the top of the pay heap - and presumably QOL as well but then the TA hasnt been ratified yet either.

In that boat

I'm just in my first week at Netjets after working for a regional for the almost the last 2 years and so far, so good. It certainly isn't for everyone but I believe that it was a good choice personally for me. There are plenty of tradeoffs. This certainly isn't for just anyone. My impression thus far is that it takes a pretty darn good pilot/ramp manager/baggage handler/embassador-for-the-company to do this job.

I'll have the home basing and we are all keeping our fingers crossed that in the future everyone who wants home basing will be able to get it...that is if the company gives in. Those that are here from many different regionals don't seem to regret it.

WillFlyFoCookie said:
I'm just in my first week at Netjets after working for a regional for the almost the last 2 years and so far, so good. It certainly isn't for everyone but I believe that it was a good choice personally for me. There are plenty of tradeoffs. This certainly isn't for just anyone. My impression thus far is that it takes a pretty darn good pilot/ramp manager/baggage handler/embassador-for-the-company to do this job.

I'll have the home basing and we are all keeping our fingers crossed that in the future everyone who wants home basing will be able to get it...that is if the company gives in. Those that are here from many different regionals don't seem to regret it.

Intersting....Anyone from XJET overthere???

Mooser

Latest resources

Back