Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Would you leave your regional job for Netjets?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lear,

We file expense reports at the completion of each tour. All reasonable tips are reimbursed.

As far as 7 days on the road, I totally agree with you, way too long. Six is about all I can stand. That is one of the reasons that I don't bid the 7&7. One of the other frax (Flexjet I think) works 8 on :eek: .

Flex was 6 on 4 off last time I worked there - I know they've changed a lot (not necessarily for the better).

We also turned in expense reports and were reimbursed, but they didn't reimburse tips... that's pretty cool.

Good pay and benefits + crappy domiciles = hard choice. I'll take an interview and think long and hard if offered the job. I'd be giving up an RJ Captain position that I've had for a year and a half, but with no friends anywhere better and such big uncertaintly in the airline business, I am soarly tempted.

jtf said:
Good pay and benefits + crappy domiciles = hard choice.

JTF,
Believe me, you are not alone in your thinking. This provision of the TA (along with several other provisions) was obviously conceived by bean counters. In fact, a short look back at NetJets history shows that the current gateway system (25 Gateways) was a result of difficulty in recruiting. Most believe that History will once again repeat itself in regard to the domicile situation. The TA was, in fact written in such a way that the company can offer home basing to all.

Thanks

I don't post very often but I just wanted to thank you guys for your input on this thread. It didn't take me long to filter through the bull on this one because there wasn't any. Appreciate it!

My decision in this matter might be pretty far down the road but NetJets has been a long term goal of mine for some time. As I become more informed, it seems that the general consensus on the matter is that one just needs to acclimate their career route to their individual needs. But then again, those needs are ever changing and sometimes hard to plan for as well. As if the industry wasn't tough enough. So many variables!

Thanks again!

How close to the bases do you have to live?

What is starting pay now with the new TA?

What equipment is most of the new hires going into?

If you do not get 7 on 7 off what are the other options?

I think it just depends on the individual and their particular situation. I personally am like an earlier poster in that 4 days are the most I can stand to be gone, but then again I am married and enjoy being at home. If you are single or just like being gone for 6-7 days, then Netjets' schedule wouldn't be a drawback. Guys that look at someone flying a 7-7 schedule may say "How can you be gone for 7 days?" and they may counter and say "Hey, I get a vacation every other week!"
I think that the flying at Netjets (or any fractional) is more challenging than the airline world, but again, some people like that and others like the repetition of flying the same places over and over. There are things to be said both for and against each.
I'm not sure what Netjets policy is, but at other fractionals you can live almost wherever you want as long as it is a specified distance from an airport with "airline service". In a way, everyone is a "commuter" and at the regionals, your QOL goes way down in many cases if you have to commute to your domicile.
The comparisons go on (pay, contracts, etc..), but I think most have been covered in this thread. Seems that no one particular thing sets one apart from the other - it comes down to what is best for the individual.

Latest resources

Back