Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Would You Fly On An Airliner With Just One Pilot?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Off hand, I can't think of any times I would have killed myself if the F/O had not been there, so if they pay me CA and FO wages - sign me up.

Off hand, I can't think of any times I would have killed myself if the F/O had not been there, so if they pay me CA and FO wages - sign me up.

Why don't we ask your FOs that question...?

Seriously, can you think of any times your FO broke "the chain"?

Of course - every day. The FO or I trap a threat each and every day.
The question at hand is - if not trapped by the FO (assuming single pilot), would it have become an accident / incident / hull loss?
In other words, would I have killed myself and those behind me without the First Officers input? Or would I have trapped my error / threat in time?
In another 20 years or so, we might get to find out. Pax will love the idea if it saves them $5!

Hey piloting will finally be a "telecommuting" job that you can do in your undewear at home! Sign me up!

Ironically, wasn't it AK that had a CA suffer from a heart attack and the FO saved the day? Although this does not happen often...it does happen and now with pilots older than 60...my guess is more occurrences rather than less.

On a side note, if the Chinese can hack into our most secure computer systems and steal blueprints to our TOP SECRET military programs...I am not sure the public will be ready to read the headlines: Airliner Hacked and Remotely Flown (fill in your own end of the story).

I wouldn't buy a ticket on a single pilot or pilotless plane. Call me old fashion I guess!

The airplane of the future will have one pilot and a dog sitting next to the pilot.

The dog will bite the pilot if he moves to touch anything!

One of he proposals Iv read about would be a single pilot who is monitored by a ground based pilot .Ground guy would be following X number of flights like a drone pilot....

I can see this happening to cargo first. If all goes well with single pilot cargo airliners, then pax are next.

Latest resources

Back