• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Would Santulli be a good owner?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Come on guys. He has not crossed any lines yet, and the sound of reason is far more likely to educate G than poor treatment before he truly makes that sort of decision.

As for RTS, he is a great visionary, but the elephant in the room got way too big for him. Managing is far different than creating. Additionally, the folks he chose to run the place threw money out the window unnecessarily. No one expects the economy to remain vibrant forever, yet his subordinates acted like it would.

He is a great people person too, where our current boss would drive away a starving kitten. He does have skin in the game, as this is his baby. If he were to come back, I would hope he would find better folks to run the shop while he continues to market his brand as successfully as he does.

Come on guys. He has not crossed any lines yet, and the sound of reason is far more likely to educate G than poor treatment before he truly makes that sort of decision.

As for RTS, he is a great visionary, but the elephant in the room got way too big for him. Managing is far different than creating. Additionally, the folks he chose to run the place threw money out the window unnecessarily. No one expects the economy to remain vibrant forever, yet his subordinates acted like it would.

He is a great people person too, where our current boss would drive away a starving kitten. He does have skin in the game, as this is his baby. If he were to come back, I would hope he would find better folks to run the shop while he continues to market his brand as successfully as he does.

Your last paragraph pretty much agrees with what I think. I bet he would find good people to run things.

All families have that crazy cousin who spends a lot of time in jail and licks windows for a living. Whether you want to admit it or not, he's still family, and there's always the chance you can influence his future decisions positively.

G4, I've always thought that Santulli knew he had a blank check with Warren's signature on it. I cannot read either man's mind, but I want to believe that RTS thought he was widening his Buffet mandated moat through Rosenthal and his Harry and David baskets, square plates, Loro Piana coats and Lord Fauntleroy paintjobs (even if it did make a Hawker look like a damn raccoon).

Had RTS not had what he thought was a blank check, I think he'd have had the place locked down tighter than Fort Knox. I think he'd have gone cheap where he could, yet spent what he needed to spend to protect the brand in the areas big money was required.

Then again, it could be that the NJA model is unsustainable no matter who's running it, and we all need to be shot gunning resumes. Shrug.....

All families have that crazy cousin who spends a lot of time in jail and licks windows for a living. Whether you want to admit it or not, he's still family, and there's always the chance you can influence his future decisions positively.

G4, I've always thought that Santulli knew he had a blank check with Warren's signature on it. I cannot read either man's mind, but I want to believe that RTS thought he was widening his Buffet mandated moat through Rosenthal and his Harry and David baskets, square plates, Loro Piana coats and Lord Fauntleroy paintjobs (even if it did make a Hawker look like a damn raccoon).

Had RTS not had what he thought was a blank check, I think he'd have had the place locked down tighter than Fort Knox. I think he'd have gone cheap where he could, yet spent what he needed to spend to protect the brand in the areas big money was required.

Then again, it could be that the NJA model is unsustainable no matter who's running it, and we all need to be shot gunning resumes. Shrug.....

Interesting. I think Santulli, at the very least, would never have hired someone like Harry Potter.

Latest resources

Back