• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Worst Runway ever??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hicks airport in Ft. Worth (T67), on short final a train ALWAYS seems to crossing dangerously close to the mains. Not to mention about about a 10 degree gradient and paved by water bed manufacturers.

http://www.airnav.com/airport/T67 check out the aieral shot and how insanely close the railroad tracks are to 32

Almerick07 said:
. Not to mention about about a 10 degree gradient and paved by water bed manufacturers.

Hell, Water bed? Asphalt? WE CAN DO IT! We just have to bid the lowest! yay!!!...

Marsh Harbour on Abaco Island. That coral stuff is hell on high pressure tires and the potholes are bad for all involved. Combine that with the free for all coming and going and everyone treating the airspace there as class G (uncontrolled flight in IMC) and it's a place I am happy never to return to.

I have landed at one on that list, Sondrestromfjord Greenland. I think Zuni NM should be on there. Surrounded by mesas, runway lights that are broken by locals for fun, occasioanal cinder blocks left by locals who go out there on the runway and drink, high density altitude (6500 ft elevation), short for the elevation but skinny and rough to make up for it.

When going in there at night in a 414, I would just try and put it down on the runway firmly and get the weight on the wheels. The runway has some undulations in it too, so i would forget about flaring or a nice landing and just try and get the plane on the runway firmly so i could get it slowed down.

Elk River Airport (NC06) West N.C. Private use only, the runway is 4600' X 75', but the first 800' of RW-30 has a 5 degree downgrade. the airport is 3450' MSL, Mountainous terrain in all quadrants, about 5,500'. The best way in is RW-12 and depart RW-30. You have to dog-leg the approach a little left for RW-12 to clear the ridge at the end of the run way. On the way out use 30 there is a large hill at the end of RW-12. We were in a King Air 200 and I don’t think we could have cleared it. A right turn about 15 to 20 degrees will set you up to climb out between the ridges. They have five wind socks along the runway, but their all going different ways. It’s tight! and in a bowl! Note: Do not land there unless it has been pre-arranged, the guards are not vary friendly

crash-proof said:
Hey I bet that brown stripe running down the side of that dropoff is where that TACA 767 went 4x4! Cabin video right here

naw I dont think that stripe is from that time howber thats exactly where it whent. its a small poor residential area called santa fe, wich coincidentaly means holly faith.

thats the faith those people have to have so a plane wont get them in the middle of the night.

ALL of these are difficult runways

Tecucigalpa, Honduras (American took out some trees on final a few years back)

Ayacucho, Peru (polish up on your NDB skills) - runway on top of cliff and has a hill in the middle

Juliaca, Peru (elev 12,546), with a "interesting" full VOR approach

Bogota, Colombia 12-R (expect landing clearance in the flare). Its the right side, think its 12, maybe 13-R, cant remember

Last edited:
satpak77 said:
Tecucigalpa, Honduras (American took out some trees on final a few years back)

Ayacucho, Peru (polish up on your NDB skills) - runway on top of cliff and has a hill in the middle

Juliaca, Peru (elev 12,546), with a "interesting" full VOR approach

Bogota, Colombia 12-R (expect landing clearance in the flare). Its the right side, think its 12, maybe 13-R, cant remember

now where talking....... been at tegucigalpa xcountry under heavy rain last year and i needed to pee.

Latest resources

Back