• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Worst Runway ever??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
13 at the 19R intersection at RVS kinda sux. big 'ol dip in at the intersection. but then again, biggest thig ive flown is a barron 55

McMurdo, Antarctica. Had a friend on a C-130/skis when on the t/o roll, impacted some sort of obscured chasm or shelf where the airplane slammed to a stop and I think 2 of the props kept going down range. Took a while to get the a/c airworthy again!

DA50pilot said:
Chihuahua, Mexico

Yeah...I hear the landings there are really ruff, ruff!

Thank you...Hear all week.

--Dim

Id have to agree with SNOW BACK, Cliff Dwellers is something else. Blackington , about 20 east of Palomar (CRQ) is interesting. We had a female instructor that took a student in there in a 150 and taxied back and wouldnt takeoff . She had to call people to come and get her. One of my favorites is Catalina Island Airport, not a bad airport but is a little interesting.Fallbrook California is another good one.

ms6073 said:
I could not find it in the Air Nav database for Colorado so I am unsure if the airport still exists, but back in the late 70's I was a passenger on a commuter hop (Fairchild Metro) that landed on a strip situated on a ridgeline of one of the moutains near the Community of Beaver Creek.
You're thinking of Avon, which no longer exists. I remember riding in a Jeep with some surveyors up on the slopes that became Beaver Creek (1979 or 80?) and seeing an airplane land there.

http://www.airfields-freeman.com/CO/Airfields_CO_W.htm#avon

Last edited:
Can't believe nobody has mentioned either Morristown, NJ (MMU) or the jolt you get off that small crossing runway in PHL. I think MMU takes the cake because no matter which way you go, you just get rocked....

Latest resources

Back