• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Worst interview experience

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe its time to change your avatar. I hear Jermaine Jackson is available.

""What does a first officer do? Is that like Spock?''

No dog in this fight, but a little defense for ol' Bushwack Billy.

Airnet Used to have Cessnas. 310's to be exact. Non known icing ones, but in those days everything was "de-iced", but not known icing. You kow, boots on the outboards, none on the vertical, and alky windshields.

I know, because I went to look at one 310 that was coming off the line. 310BS. Had a weird clunking noise under the seat every time you rotated. Nobody could explain the noise. I found a whole bunch of x-rays of the spar in the back. One guy told me they called the plane "310 Broken Spar".

I didn't buy it.

Ok, back to great interview experiences!

Hung

Vanguard

needed to pay for my own 73 sim eval.

It didn't happen

Yeah, probably that one, though it was an MD80 something in LGB.

Went thru training planning JTPA paying for the type. Didn't happen.

But I did get to do a 3 man/jumpseat sim, with brief about 2200 going to 0800 +/- and the fn oral. :rolleyes:

Skywest: During the lunch break, we were all in the restroom, some older "guy" dressed down in jeans and a t-shirt looks at us in our suits and says "you guys must be here interviewing".. I thought it was one of the random lunch truck workers who were there as well,,and trying to be funny, I said "naw, we're here for the roach coach", and at the same time, I went to throw my wet paper towel I used to dry my hands off, missing the garbage pail and slightly grazing the guy inadvertantly. (I apologized) I picked it up and left. The rest of the interviewing class came back to the classroom and said good job nailing the president of Skywest with a paper towel... I did fly the sim well though!

Last edited:
Skywest: During the lunch break, we were all in the restroom, some older "guy" dressed down in jeans and a t-shirt looks at us in our suits and says "you guys must be here interviewing".. I thought it was one of the random lunch truck workers who were there as well,,and trying to be funny, I said "naw, we're here for the roach coach", and at the same time, I went to throw my wet paper towel I used to dry my hands off, missing the garbage pail and slightly grazing the guy inadvertantly. (I apologized) I picked it up and left. The rest of the interviewing class came back to the classroom and said good job nailing the president of Skywest with a paper towel... I did fly the sim well though!

Didnt get the job?? Im guessing by the A/C in your profile!!!

Ha! That's great! Mine goes a little something like this: I interviewed at Commutair about 3-4 years ago and it was the beginning of Jan. Needless to say a California resident like myself didn't forsee the damage that -50 degree temperature would have on a suit garment bag in the back of a 1900D. The ground crew had folded the bag in half to accomadate more luggage and when they pulled it out after the flight I tried to straighten it and it just withered to hard plastic bits. I also lost my luggage and shoes that were packed in there so, I had to wear sneakers to the interview and luckily the bag was in the HQ so I quick changed into them. I didn't get the job because I didn't prep enough and after the first stage interview the HR lady pulled me aside and said she would spare me the rest of the process and tell me that I wasn't getting the job.

CM

I think Im gonna try a little interview crashing!! Damn, if I get get it the legit way, might as well try my luck at another strategy. Now, does anyone have some SWA, DAL, CAL interview dates for next month????:beer:

Latest resources

Back