Worst interview experience

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mine was with COEX back in '01.

In a hotel room - which I thought was a bit cheesy. They seemed friendly enough, but one guy was either really dumb, or he missed his calling as an actor. Here is the story - I was flying for a small fractional at the time and he says something to the effect "oh, I see you have some 135 time". I said no as fractional it is all done under part 91. He didn't like that answer I guess as he said that if I was getting paid to fly a turbine aircraft, it had to be under Part 121 or 135 regs, part 91 was only for piston powered aircraft and only for small stuff like pipeline patrol, instruction or sightseeing. Thinking this was a test, I stayed calm and tried to explain that fractionals did fall under part 91 and I would be happy to provide any documentation showing that. I even offered to pull out the regs and explain it. Again he didn't like the answer and then accused me of falsifying my application because the time obviously wasn't legitimate.

I didn't get the job. But I got a small laugh out of it thinking there was proof that you don't have to be smart to be a captain, just have your senority number come up.

Latest resources

Back