• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Worst Hub Airport

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow I'm suprised ATL didn't make the first page. What a high stress, "dixie..cross..switch..what was that.." c**p hole. BTW I think there was one day last year you didn't get a level 4-5 sitting on the field.

But hey it's not my hub so maybe I just don't know.

EWR is my hub..it's ok..just fly before 1pm and your'll be fine (unless there's any wx east of the miss.)

Jer

ATL may be busy, but it's well run and delays are never THAT bad, only time we usually hold is for turning the airport around or REALLY bad weather (i.e. tornado) It's pretty well run. Only thing I can complain about is the busy ramps, especially when "Standby Sally" is working, but it's absolutely nothing compared to NY area airports...

ATL may be busy, but it's well run and delays are never THAT bad, only time we usually hold is for turning the airport around or REALLY bad weather (i.e. tornado) It's pretty well run. Only thing I can complain about is the busy ramps, especially when "Standby Sally" is working, but it's absolutely nothing compared to NY area airports...

LOL! Now you've gone too far! ATL run well?? That shi!thole has to have the worst approach this side of MEM. Everybody's doin 200 or 180-for no apparent reason and every thing is another "slow it down".

Not to mention ghetto airport, not enough gates and lines for security at 0800 every morning that make Disneyworld jealous.

Yeah, you can have the slow flying, slow talking, slow moving nascar fans-I'll take an east coast approach controller yelling at anyone who drops below 250. There might be delays, but at least you're moving.

LOL! Now you've gone too far! ATL run well?? That shi!thole has to have the worst approach this side of MEM. Everybody's doin 200 or 180-for no apparent reason and every thing is another "slow it down".

Not to mention ghetto airport, not enough gates and lines for security at 0800 every morning that make Disneyworld jealous.

Yeah, you can have the slow flying, slow talking, slow moving nascar fans-I'll take an east coast approach controller yelling at anyone who drops below 250. There might be delays, but at least you're moving.

All depends on how you work the system and a little luck, if you're #1 for the runway they'll tell you to drop all speed restrictions and "go fast" Just the other day I was asked to keep up 320 till 10k, then 250 till abeam when they gave me short approach (7 mile final)

sometimes they do give speed restrictions but that's not the rule. I'm no nascar fan, in fact I'm from the D.C. area (wish I could afford to move back)

I digress, Atlanta is very well run for being the busiest airport in the world. There's always a reason if you're slowed, you don't have the big picture.

P.S. MEM is horrible, they gave us S-turns the other day to the point we were getting close to declaring min fuel. claimed it was because of "weather and 60 departures/arrivals per hour" --it was 00000kt, P6SM and CLR

CLt has only one runway open before 7am thanks to the litigation. Only turboprops can land north south before that time. So the redeyes coming in and rjs coming in, it gets too busy for 5-23. Not to mention you have all the early departures that they have to accomodate out of charlotte so its a mess.

ORD hands down. I have done both!!

ATL has 47 runways so it cant be that bad. CLT has ONE after 2300 and before 0700 thanks to "noise abatement". Talk about an outdated law. I think the Dash's make more noise than an RJ coming over the fence.

Even DCA is run better with 2 runways in the middle of rush hour.

JFK runs pretty smooth until the evening international push, then the lines for departure are usually well over 1 hour. However, when the runway configuration permits arrivals on 22R, departures on 22L and 31L at KK things move along nicely. Of course, getting in or out of the Delta ramp is another matter entirely. :erm:

buxflyr said:
Even DCA is run better with 2 runways in the middle of rush hour.

DCA is one of the best-operated airports in the country. Those controllers are true professionals; they move more metal, more efficiently, on and off less pavement than most other airports in this country...and that's even dealing with P56, noise-sensitive areas, and the airspace clusterfark that is DC Metro.

DCA is also the only airport I've ever seen 3 airplanes depart three different crossing runways (33, 4, then 1) in under 30 seconds.

CLT is not even close to being the worst hub airport. As a matter of fact, I would put CLT as being one of the better hub airports that I have flown to.

Southern Usair system guys always talk about how great CLT is when compared to the North. I think the # of LGA delay programs may give ORD a run for it's money. Oh, and taxiing with the "Tuck it up on Bravo" (every 20`secs) chick in the tower makes me want to gouge my eardrums out. PHL is just annoying in it's approach control idiocy.

Latest resources

Back