• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Worst Hotels??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From my experience, I would have to say the Holiday Inn in Memphis, located in the ghetto (ex-Blueridgers know, and I think AirTran also). I believe this is where Elvis wrote his hit song, "In the Ghetto". What a dive!:eek: !!!!

say again said:
From my experience, I would have to say the Holiday Inn in Memphis, located in the ghetto (ex-Blueridgers know, and I think AirTran also). I believe this is where Elvis wrote his hit song, "In the Ghetto". What a dive!:eek: !!!!

Where is this one? We stay at the downtown H.I. near Beale Street and across from the Peabody.

AF :cool:

AdSo81 said:
Current Great Lakes....The holiday inn in Clovis NM gives you ear plugs to dampen the noise from the railyard across the street. But, with those earplugs comes a great little brochure that informs you of the history of the rail road!

Would you still consider the Holiday Inn a step down from the Howard Johnson Express we used to use?

By by LaQuinta, thanks you arrogant little b!tch!!!! Quit and suck your way to a job at Mesa. By the way, smoking is bad for you.

Last edited:
Ive actually never had the pleasure of staying at the HOJO in Clovis, how ever I heard it was on Giant Piece of Sh!t, and if its anything like the Laramie HOJO, Im probally greatful were at a holiday in now.

I wonder if she has any clue what she has done.....that was a sad day.

I'm sensing a theme here. Holiday Inns aren't the places they used to be when we all took family vacations as kiddies. Here are a few of mine:

When we used to stay there, the Holiday Inn Airport hotel in PHL. The hotel was awful and you had a choice of Denny's or a cheese steak joint for food. This was always my least favorite city, airport, employees, hotel and overnight in the system. It's better now that we have moved to different hotels for the long and short overnights.

When we used to fly there, the ERI Holiday Inn. Mildew hotel near the train tracks.

Doubletree downtown DAY. Don't go out at night or you, too, could "see dead people."

Doubletwig hotel Military Circle Mall ORF. I am actually torn between this hotel and our previous hotel now. Though this hotel has more to do around it, the word GHETTO doesn't begin to describe this place. If you are facing the parking lot, for a good portion of the night you will be treated to your own private concert of "urban" music from the cars in the mall parking lot. At least the Holiday Inn Executive Center in ORF was recently remodeled, somewhat decent and safer. (Hard to believe I could praise a Holiday Inn!)

CLE145CA said:
Doubletwig hotel Military Circle Mall ORF. I am actually torn between this hotel and our previous hotel now. Though this hotel has more to do around it, the word GHETTO doesn't begin to describe this place. If you are facing the parking lot, for a good portion of the night you will be treated to your own private concert of "urban" music from the cars in the mall parking lot. At least the Holiday Inn Executive Center in ORF was recently remodeled, somewhat decent and safer. (Hard to believe I could praise a Holiday Inn!)

I was very surprised to hear that this was the new hotel. I stayed there several times in a previous life. I do not look forward to ORF overnights now. There was even a shooting in the parking lot about 7 or 8 months ago. I called the Hotel Hotline last time I stayed there to complain about the hotel, noise, location and rude staff. I will continue to call every time I stay there.

I wish we could stay at the Sheraton where Southwest and Delta stay. That's a great location.

ArcticFlier said:
Where is this one? We stay at the downtown H.I. near Beale Street and across from the Peabody.

AF :cool:

I'm not sure exactly, but I do know it's nowhere near downtown.

The "ghetto" H.I. in MEM that you are speaking of is right next to the airport. That whole neighborhood is depressed near the airport and anywhere near there is going to be the ghetto. I would imagine the H.I. downtown is much nicer with the Peabody being across the street.

ERfly said:
I do not look forward to ORF overnights now. There was even a shooting in the parking lot about 7 or 8 months ago.

If I correctly recall, a CHQ F/O was robbed at gunpoint while walking to get a pack of cigarettes near our ORF hotel. And after there was a murder/suicide in the elevator at our RDU hotel, our crews were afforded the option of not staying there. Of course, that program only lasted for a full THREE DAYS.

Latest resources

Back