• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Worst Hotels??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As for a Lakes Hotel.......Right up there in the race has to be the Super 8 in RKS.. I have seen the photos one of our crew member had of Boogers....yes Boogers smeared on the wall. Also one of our crew members stepped in a wet spot that was puke cleverly hidden by the good old puke powder...

Serrano said:
The red carpet inn in KMWA and the
Motel 6 in KTBN. The 6 is not so bad
as it is new, but there is no breakfast,
no shampoo, micro-thin towels like sand
paper (just like the buttwipe) and one
of our crews got mugged at gunpoint
walking back from Micky-D's one night...

TBN= Fort Lost in the Woods! That motel 6 was the worse.
PAH= Outside doors at the Pear Tree Inn 2nd floor at the very back on the Hotel!

Lakes-

The Grizzly Inn (aka The Griz) ALS, Alamosa, CO. I was paired up with another captain who had to make a trip to the hospital after we stayed there??

Good ole, real life bed-bugs! Ate him up!

canadflyau said:
Lakes-

The Grizzly Inn (aka The Griz) ALS, Alamosa, CO. I was paired up with another captain who had to make a trip to the hospital after we stayed there??

Good ole, real life bed-bugs! Ate him up!

I can't believe that. That is HORRIBLE!!

Lakes-

I believe it was/is the Best Western, GCK, Garden City Kansas. The front desk would yell at you for trying to eat the breakfast. The air in that town smelled like poo. If the air was blowing the right way it smelled ok until you opened the door to your hot hotel room. The room did a fine job of soaking up that smell and preserving it in a nice 90 degree environment. I once checked in with someone who started heaving at the door when we opened our rooms up. Also had a very smart FO show me all the tricks to make the room survivable. Here was her routine.

Put the Ice bag on the remote
Put one towel on the floor in the shower, another towel on the floor outside the shower.
She had her own way of turning down the sheets and sleeping cleanly.
Always wore sandals in the room.
And there were even more good tips! She had it down to a science!

But the free city zoo was just down the street! Watch out for Rhino urine!

BlackPilot628 said:
TBN= Fort Lost in the Woods! That motel 6 was the worse.
PAH= Outside doors at the Pear Tree Inn 2nd floor at the very back on the Hotel!

Are you serious? Did you guys really stay at a Motel 6 at Regions? That's sad if it's true but kind of funny.

CAK, I've waited over an hour and a half for the the van. Contract says we get a cab after 30 mins. Trouble is, no cab service in the town. Waiting for the van at the Not So Quality Inn is routine.

The Clarion at IAH. . . . Dont go outside at night and be ready to run your shower for a good 30 mins int he morning to make it even luke warm.

ERfly said:
The Wayfarer?

I agree, though, La Quinta in GRK is really, really bad. I got out of bed one morning only to step right on a roach.

The Hilton STL Airport is pretty bad, too. The bus shows up and you're pushed out of the way by CHQ ground crews trying to get to their car. Only to have to stand in the back of the smelliest bus in the world. The staff is rude and so far, I'm 2 for 2 on cold showers in the morning without so much as an I'm sorry.

The Hilton Park-n-Ride sux but what really gets me about the place is the door into your room. Ever noticed that they open towards the hallway, I feel like I'm walking into my closet.

WOW this could go on for days. Rime Garden in BHM. There was a dead roach inside my alarm clock, lipstick on the sheets, blah blah blah. The deceased insect in the clock was a classic.

Latest resources

Back