• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Worst Hotels??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Trump International in Manhattan, next to Central Park. There was only one butler per suite. Come on now! I also need a massage lady that always gives "happy endings...."

Bye Bye---General Lee

The Clarion Inn (old Holiday Inn) in JAN is a real sh!thole!!! Can't believe there isn't a better hotel our committee could find for us. Shower is so disgusting you gotta put a towel down before you shower so you won't contract any diseases!!

You guys need to develop some serious testicular fortitude. If you can't sleep in the scheisshole they put you in, then be honest and call out fatigued. How many fatigue calls will it take to change the hotel? Sounds like it's well overdue.

And for the guy knocking the MEM Holiday Inn, at least some enterprising FA's can make some extra cabbage by dancing next door- I'm pretty sure some of ours did. I hear the hotel has changed, not sure if the dancing had anything to do with it.

Last edited:
Stayed in a few of the places mentioned here, and too many times at the Wayfarer in MHT. None, however, come close to the Airport Plaza Hotel in PIT. By far the worst hotel I have ever seen. Amazing such a place exists in a first world country.

The red carpet inn in KMWA and the
Motel 6 in KTBN. The 6 is not so bad
as it is new, but there is no breakfast,
no shampoo, micro-thin towels like sand
paper (just like the buttwipe) and one
of our crews got mugged at gunpoint
walking back from Micky-D's one night...

A Laker alumni needs to chime in here...

How about the Eagle Inn across the street from the old "terminal" at the CIU? Old Air Force barracks converted to a very memorable crew hotel. Dank hallways. Everything inside the rooms is some shade of brown and dusty. Cheery and restful. The KNOB (!) on the television. Threadbare sheets. And the "continental" breakfast consists of dirty white bread and margarine. (I don't want to visit that continent. Ever.) Coffee old enough to vote. Phones that don't dial out between 6 pm and 8 am. And a front desk manager who yells at you for taking the stairs two at a time (presumably to escape.)

Hungry? You can stop by the Kinross Co-Op for your dining and hardware needs. Local attractions? Not one but THREE prisons all within stones throw. That's entertainment.

Shuttle van out of this oasis of comfort and tranquility? Oh no. You'll be walking your sorry arses the two blocks back to the airport. Not that big a deal when the weather's nice, but this is the U.P. of Michigan. Try it in the predawn morning in January and they'll find your body when the snow melts in June.

Of course we are talking about Great Lakes here. Good times.

Current Great Lakes....The holiday inn in Clovis NM gives you ear plugs to dampen the noise from the railyard across the street. But, with those earplugs comes a great little brochure that informs you of the history of the rail road!

Isn't the Wayfarer in MHT supposed to be haunted? I understand it used to be an old mill way back in the day and there was a fire that killed the mill operator? I do agree, that place wasn't all that great. But, if I remember, the bar was kinda nice.

CandlerWun said:
How about the Atrium in Monroe, LA? It smells like the aftermath of a frat party in the elevator (i.e., spilled drinks), and the water tastes like metal.

Josh M.
Amen, you got a second on that $hit hole. It was an outdoor motor lodge until they boxed it in with a construction company that must have been run out of the middle school gymnasium business. But they kept the window unit air conditioners so the noise and the 180 degree heat blast into the hallway.

Imagine a hotel with 300 APU's exhausting into the "Atrium" and you pretty much have the picture, except the exhaust smells like mold instead of jet A.

It is popular with the family reunion crowd and I don't think it is frat puke, I think it is partially digested Church's Fried Chicken. After all - the moldy 180 degree air does strange things to the digestive system, I can't imagine trying it with a belly full of greasy chicken.

The good news is that it is the only hotel where I can't wait for the alarm to go off at 04:30 to get the hell outta there. Delta should relocate their HQ to the Atrium at MLU, I can guarantee it would cut down on the number of redundant VP's they house at Virginia Ave.

Latest resources

Back