Worst Flight School in NJ!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mcjohn said:
I'm just about to head up to N.J. to tow for Paramount. It'll be my first time in that state. The place is in a town named Rio Grand that no one I've spoken with has ever heard of.
Fly safe, dude... was at BLM today watching the banner guys doing thier thing... must be summer, lol. I'll be backpedaling again, my "new" instructor decided that his regular job and this one on top of it were too much, he's leaving, which means i get to start with a new one... yippee.
Then again i'm going to have a large break in my training, i'm moving to Las Vegas in August, so training is gonna be on hold for a bit. I hope to at least solo before i go, but at this rate, i doubt it.

Gryphon said:
Fly safe, dude... was at BLM today watching the banner guys doing thier thing... must be summer, lol. I'll be backpedaling again, my "new" instructor decided that his regular job and this one on top of it were too much, he's leaving, which means i get to start with a new one... yippee.
Then again i'm going to have a large break in my training, i'm moving to Las Vegas in August, so training is gonna be on hold for a bit. I hope to at least solo before i go, but at this rate, i doubt it.
Where do you live? You could always try Toms River, Lakewood, or Old Bridge.

mcjohn said:
I'm just about to head up to N.J. to tow for Paramount. It'll be my first time in that state. The place is in a town named Rio Grand that no one I've spoken with has ever heard of.

Rio Grand is a small town just inland from the shore south of ACY. I suspect you'll be based out of Woodbine if your in Rio Grand. Woodbine is an old Coast Guard field from WW2. Just south is Cape May or Wildwood airport which was an ols Navy WW2 field. If I'm not mistaken you tows will be out of Woodbine or Cape May and go south to Wildwood then turn north. Once going north you'll fly over Wildwood beach then a small inlet and then over Stone Harbor then Avalon then another inlet (this one with a bridge) then over Sea Isle City then up to Ocean City after ocean city you'll turn south and head inland back to woodbine to drop.

Avalon and Stone Harbor are your big $$ towns. Wildwood is somewhat of a shoe-bee are with white trash from PHL. Ocean City is in between leaning towards the $$ of Avalon and SH to the south. All are expensive though.

Actually now that I think of it, the operation out of Woodbine may not be there anymore. If so more than likely you'll be flying out of KWWD, Wildwood or Cape May County. Anyway your route will be the same - pick up, down to the very tip of the Jersey Shore, round the point then north to either Sea isle or Ocean City then inland and south to Cape May.

I think your taking off from KWWD but the pick-up is a grass field just off the KWWD airport on the bay side.

Latest resources

Back