Worst FBO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Landmark IAD is nothing to sing about.

All Signatures (actually, MMU ain't bad)

I agree on the JimsAir SAN sentiment.

On the "good FBO" side, I have to give kudos to MillionAir in ADS. The movie theater is, of course, terrific, but they get extra points for the little video monitor in the pilot's lounge, which is hooked to a camera right over the girls at the front desk, pointing way more down than necessary!

Sweeeet. :pimp:

For crappy FBO? I'm gonna go with First in TEB, if only because the support we get isn't anywhere near commensurate with the amount of money we spend there.

Oh yeah, First in TEB!

It's a nice facility but set up all wrong. They have a gym with showers..nice. Then they have no dedicated crew room so I have to wait for three limo drivers to finish checking thier email to file a dang flight plan.

On another note;

Who uses those WSI computers to file / check weather. Doesn't just about everyone use fltplan.com or have a dispatch dept? I wish FBOs would get in step and provide 3 things...a computer, internet, and a printer. That's all I need to file and get weather. I don't need or want Duats, WSI or any other crazy system that doesn't get me onto the internet!

I have an arincdirect account and I use the WSI all time. Especially the radar picture while waiting out WX. So let's not get rid of them just yet.

I wish FBOs would get in step and provide 3 things...a computer, internet, and a printer. That's all I need to file and get weather.

Ditto - I am amazed that any FBO in 2008 would not have at least WiFi so I could at least use my own laptop.

Ditto - I am amazed that any FBO in 2008 would not have at least WiFi so I could at least use my own laptop.

Screw WiFi. It's nice and if they want to fine, but not until there's the computer, internet, and a printer.

Those three things and a Fuel Truck enable me to do my job. Take any one away and it's a wrench in the works.

I'm amazed every time I go in and the FBO girl points to some WSI machine and gives me the same dumb stare I give the WSI machine. What am I supposed to do with THAT?

I have no idea how to file with the thing. I would bet most, and I mean a VAST majority, of pilots flying corporate (that don't have a dispatch) use fltplan.com and need what I need.

Screw WiFi. It's nice and if they want to fine, but not until there's the computer, internet, and a printer.

When I said WiFi, the internet part was implied. I like using my own laptop to chk wx and file. Login/Passwords/favorites etc already set. Also - if they do have a computer, I don't have to wait in line for it.

Latest resources

Back